SEGA published the first of a series of spotlight trailers showcasing the high-definition updates heading to Sonic Colors: Ultimate; the adrenaline-pumping upgrade to the iconic 2010 platformer Sonic Colors.
This first spotlight trailer transports fans to the familiar setting of Dr. Eggman’s Interstellar Amusement Park where they’ll find a variety of shiny new upgrades, including:
- HD Updates. New high-definition updates and improvements, including 60 FPS, re-vamped lighting, improved graphics and 4K resolution
- New Mode “Rival Rush”. Go head-to-head with Metal Sonic to unlock rewards
- Park Tokens & Customization. Head to the store and use park tokens to unlock unique boosts, auras, shoes and gloves for Sonic
- Jade Ghost. Transform Sonic, fly around and pass through solid objects to reach hidden areas
- Customizable Controls. Customize your controls to find a layout that suits your play style
- Tails Save. Find a tails save and be taken back to safety if you need to be rescued
- 100 Count Ring. Collect a 100 Count Ring to gain temporary invincibility and boost your score after each level
- Music. Fully remixed soundtrack to set the pace while you put an end to Dr. Eggman’s evil plan.
Sonic Colors: Ultimate will release on September 7th.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”