Flying Wild Hog has released a brand new update for Shadow Warrior 3. According to the release notes, Patch 1.05 adds a New Game+ Mode, brings a number of Quality of Life improvements, and fixes numerous issues.
Update 1.05 also brings additional challenges to players, as well as new weapon skins. Moreover, it extends the audio volume range on PC, and adds options for Subtitles Size and Hide HUD.
Regarding the new QoL improvements, this patch packs VFX optimization for the Walking on Eggshells level and asset optimization for Midnight Snack level.
As always, Steam will download this update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Shadow Warrior 3 Patch 1.05 Release Notes
- Fixed a bug where ledges near the grappling point in the Ancient Cock arena weren’t transitioning the player into a climbing animation.
- Fixed a bug where enemies were permanently stuck in their floating animation after being struck by the Seeking Eye.
- Also fixed a bug where the rabbit outfit immediately disappears from the Cursed Oni-Hanma’s corpse once it is killed.
- Fixed a bug where the Cursed Oni-Hanma could spawn without its rabbit outfit.
- Fixed a bug where a weapon’s projectiles could bounce off a Cursed Oni-Hanma’s bunny ears.
- Also fixed a bug where enemies frozen by a Brain Freeze would keep playing their idle animation.
- Fixed a bug where the player was not killed when jumping down to the previous traversal to the left of the temple arena on the Doomsday Device level.
- Fixed a bug where a permanent freeze could occur after opening and closing the Pause Menu right after using the Grapple during the Way to Motoko level tutorial.
- Also fixed a bug where the next-used Swarm Launcher might stop dealing damage after discarding the previously used Swarm Launcher.
- Fixed a bug where the last surviving enemies were not highlighted properly in various arenas.
- Fixed a bug where loading screen elements would not scale when changing resolution.
- Also fixed a bug where using wall climbs in the Laser Shogun’s intro arena might sometimes not allow the player to climb the same objects in Motoko’s Thunderdome arena.
- Fixed a bug where an incorrect amount of available upgrade points was shown in the Chapter Select screen for the Midnight Snack level.
- Fixed a bug where the notification for picking up an upgrade point was missing after loading a level via Chapter Select.
- Also fixed a bug where the Hattori remained alive after performing a Finisher on it while it was also reacting to a hit.
- Fixed a bug where Hattori corpses had the wrong shader applied.
- Fixed a bug where aim-assist could slow down controller movement too much.
- New Game Plus
- Additional challenges added.
- Added new weapon skins as rewards for completed challenges.
Quality of Life improvements
- Added Discord icon to the menu.
- Audio volume range on PC has been extended.
- Last wave enemy highlight option has been added.
- Subtitles size option added.
- Hide HUD option added.
- VFX optimization for the Walking on Eggshells level.
- Asset optimization for Midnight Snack level.
- Blast mesh code.
- Finisher indicator code.
- Kill triggers mechanic.
User Interface improvements
- Fixed a bug where loading screen elements could blink erratically.
- Fixed a bug where leaving and re-entering Way to Motoko via the Continue option after the last
- Checkpoint of a level had been saved was causing the UI prompts to appear over inactive buttons.
- Updated Credits list.
- Fixed a bug where subtitles size was incorrectly translated in Polish.
- Fixed a bug where we had missing spaces in control bindings when in Simplified Chinese.
- Also fixed a bug where we had missing dots in some descriptions in Polish.
- Updated text for Hero Mode.