Climax Studios has released a brand new update for the PC version of Returnal. According to the release notes, the March 9th Update aims to reduce stuttering. Moreover, it improves overall stability by addressing a couple of crashes.
Going into more details, this new patch packs multiple optimisation improvements to reduce stuttering on CPUs with fewer than 8 cores. Furthermore, it updates PSO system to reduce stuttering when Ray Tracing is enabled.
As always, Steam will download this update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Returnal - Features Trailer | PC Games
Returnal March 9th Update Release Notes
- Multiple optimisation improvements to reduce stuttering on CPUs with fewer than 8 cores.
- Updated PSO system to reduce stuttering when Ray Tracing is enabled.
- Fixed crash that can occur when finding or using translocators.
- Fixed crash that can occur during various combat or high particle effect situations.
- Enabled Intel’s XeSS screen scaling technology on non-Intel hardware.
- Fixed blocker that can occur when killing the Typhonops and using a Reconstructor.
- Fixed 3840×1600 resolutions not displaying correctly.
- Also fixed Steam overlay run time being out of sync with in-game cycle time.
- Optimised installation process to reduce file size.