EIDOS Montreal has released a new patch for the PC version of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. According to the release notes, PC patch 2980512 brings some graphics memory improvements which may reduce stall issues on some setups.
Moreover, this update fixes a number of bugs and issues. For instance, it fixes multiple rare issues where enemies may become stuck into walls and block combat completion. It also fixes an issue where the user could become stuck in Guardians ability menu after spamming interaction button.
For those wondering, this patch does not resolve the pop-in issues we mentioned in our PC Performance Analysis article. It also does not fix the Maxwell issues we’ve reported. As EIDOS Montreal stated, NVIDIA is aware of this issue and will have to fix it via a new driver.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy November 5th PC Update Release Notes
- Switch controller icons no longer appear when changing between input devices.
- Mouse cursor no longer remains on screen after modifying key bindings.
- Average CPU/GPU speeds in Benchmark has been corrected.
- Korean launcher text fixes.
- Confirmation on Alt+F4 window no longer affects screen behind.
- Guardians menu input fixes.
- Camera zoom issue on screenshot for some aspect ratios has been fixed.
- Some graphics memory improvements which may reduce stall issues on some setups.
- Multiple improvements with Star Lord navigation across multiple maps, including improvement of world boundaries and collisions.
- Multiple fixes for occasional issues with Guardian navigation.
- Fixed an issue where the user might become stuck in Guardians ability menu after spamming interaction button.
- Fix for an issue where cancelling your action during the NG+ creation flow may lead to creating a normal New Game instead.
- Fix for multiple rare issues where enemies may become stuck into walls and block combat completion.
- Additional fix for an issue where rapidly and repeatedly invoking the Guardian Request System on the Slakebeast may require to reload checkpoint.
- Chapter 1. Fix for an issue where Gamora’s tutorial might be bypassed under certain conditions.
- Chapter 2. Fix for an issue where the user might become stuck after banter selection.
- Chapter 3. Fix for an issue where reloading the checkpoint after backtracking through a funnel may cause the user’s progression to be blocked.
- Chapter 3. Fix for a rare issue where the user might instantly die at one of the QTEs with Gamora and fix for an issue where the user might become stuck in the workbench UI under certain conditions.
- Chapter 5. Fix for an issue where the Grenadier would occasionally not spawn.
- Chapter 6. Fix for an issue where Star-Lord might get stuck into a shop’s counter top.
- Chapter 7. Fix for an issue where a checkpoint after the Helmet room would not trigger.
- Chapter 7. Fix for an issue where Drax could be ordered to pull the crane before the Centurion fight begun and fix for the Crane puzzle in Hangar Bay.
- Chapter 8. Issue regarding Meredith QTE resolved
- Chapter 10. Fix for an issue where a slide funnel would make acquiring one of the outfits difficult.
- Chapter 10. Fixed an issue where the user might become stuck in the fog fight.
- Chapter 12. Fix for an issue where the user might become stuck in the Workbench UI under certain conditions.
- Chapter 13. Fix for an issue where the camera could become stuck on the Milano cockpit when landing.
- Chapter 13. Fix for an issue where Star-Lord may get stuck in a funnel.
- Various other fixes.