Modder ‘Boggalog’ has released an unofficial patch for Ubisoft’s classic FC game, Far Cry 2. This unofficial patch comes a number of gameplay tweaks, enhancements and fixes. As such, we recommend downloading it (in case you want to replay it).
Going into more details, this mod removes the weird line close to the player where high-quality shadows become low quality. It also slightly improves draw distance and LOD when using ‘Geometry – Ultra High’ and ‘Terrain – Ultra High’.
As said, this unofficial patch comes with some gameplay tweaks. For instance, it improves stealth by reducing enemy perception pre-combat by 20%, it also restores the infamous difficulty critical healing animations. Additionally, it fixes mouse speed clamping.
You can download this unofficial patch from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Far Cry 2 Unofficial Patch Release Notes
- FPS capped to 60 – fixes bouncing NPCs and a host of other issues.
- Removed the weird line close to the player where high quality shadows become low quality.
- Removed rim lighting that made the player blue at night.
- Slightly improved draw distance and LOD when using ‘Geometry – Ultra High’ and ‘Terrain – Ultra High’.
- My personal ‘Colourful Far Cry 2’ reshade configuration. This is Far Cry 2 with vibrant colours, very simple with no extra post-processing.
- Renamed the ‘Eagle .50’ to the ‘Desert Eagle’ and the ‘Homeland 37’ to the ‘Ithaca 37’. Removed unnecessary hyphens from others.
- ‘Creeping’ has been added to the machete so you can walk at half speed by holding the iron sight button. This facilitates stealth when using mouse and keyboard.
- DLC weapons have been added to the ammo upgrades.
- DLC weapons’ reliability have been tweaked to match the upgraded vanilla weapons.
- Explosive crossbow bolts now fire in an arc.
- The sawed-off shotgun now uses shotgun ammo.
- The sawed-off shotgun now fires 14 pellets in one shot, as it fires two shells at once.
- Fixed the MAC-10 being silent.
- Windshield bullet holes are now permanent.
- DLC vehicles now come in a variety of colours.
- Fixed the missing Big Truck engine sound.
- Also fixed the hang glider being pushed into doing loops when shot.
- Fixed the hang glider bouncing on water.
- Also fixed the being able to see the edges of the player’s arms when using hang gliders.
- Fixed assassination targets having the same vision as snipers.
- Improved stealth – reduced enemy perception pre-combat by 20%.
- Restored the infamous difficulty critical healing animations.
- Removed the flashing save reminder from safehouse map icons.
- Fixed mouse speed clamping.
- Fixed the Jackal tape bug where the 10th tape repeats and you can’t hear the remaining ones.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”