id Software has released a new patch for Doom Eternal. According to the release notes, Update 6.1 fixes a number of bugs and crashes on PC. Moreover, it comes with some BATTLEMODE fixes.
This is a pretty small update, so don’t expect any performance improvements over the previous one.
Furthermore, and as id Software noted, PCs with mobile GPUs that support ray tracing can now enable it.
As always, Steam and the Bethesda launcher will download this patch the next time you launch their clients. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Doom Eternal Update 6.1 Release Notes
Campaign All Platforms
- Fixed a bug where bullets would collide with gore and ammo pickups during combat
- Fixed a bug with Cacodemon pathing during the boss encounter in The Holt in The Ancient Gods – Part One
- Fixed a crash that occurred when selecting the Challenges tab in the pause menu
- Fixed the issue players with AMD GPUs were having that caused artifacting in a number of environments
- PCs with mobile GPUs that support ray tracing can now enable this feature
BATTLEMODE All Platforms
- Fixed an issue where the Slayer’s weapon skins displayed the wrong customization options
- Fixed an issue where Demon players would become invisible to other demons when respawning with ray tracing enabled
- Also fixed Demon interface for Latin Spanish users with modified controller settings
- Fixed an issue with the social menu preventing players from selecting another player with only one favorite or friend in the list