PLAYTONIC GAMES has announced that later this month, a massive new update for its 3D platformer Yooka-Laylee will be deployed. This new patch will add a new optional camera mode with minimal assist, a new ability to speed through dialogue by holding Y, and new first-person aiming control options.
More importantly, this patch will add new icons for keyboard/mouse controls, and will bring a number of performance and audio improvements.
PLAYTONIC GAMES will also introduce some design tweaks to all arcade games, improved flying controls, transformation control improvements, as well as Minecart control improvements and new visual effects.
Here is the complete changelog for this upcoming massive patch for Yooka-Layle:
- Brand new pause menu music
- New optional camera mode with minimal assist
- Pagies have added signposts to Hivory Towers to help guide players to new worlds
- Design tweaks to all arcade games
- Speed improvement to scrolling through Totals Menu
- New option for shorter ‘gibberish’ voice sound FX
- New speech volume option
- New ability to speed through dialogue by holding Y
- Cut-scenes can now be skipped with Y
- New moves section added to pause menu, with image guide
- Camera design improvements throughout game (less scripted cameras, door cams now appear behind player etc)
- Restart option added in the pause menu during arcade games and Kartos challenges
- ‘Sonar-able’ objects now have more clear visual identity
- Laser move no longer requires player to crouch
- Minecart control improvements and new visual effects
- Transformation control improvements
- Improved first-person aiming controls
- New first-person aiming control options added
- Improved flying controls
- When transformed, collecting butterflies now restores energy
- Hunter tonic now tracks the last 30 Quills and Casino Tokens, in addition to the Health and Power Extenders. It will also whistle at the location of the closest rare collectable.
- Health UI is now always visible when low
- Design tweaks in various areas (Black Hole in One, Gloomy Gem Grotto etc)
- New icons added for keyboard/mouse controls
- Improved Rampo boss fight
- Added PC Display Settings to the in-game pause menu
- Performance improvements
- Audio improvements