Blizzard has announced that World of Warcraft Legion will be released on August 30th. World of Warcraft: Legion will raise the level cap to 110, will sport a new continent, will introduce a new class (Demon Hunter), will feature powerful Artifact Weapons, as well as a new PvP Honor system.
Here are the key features for this brand new expansion to World of Warcraft:
- New Hero Class: Demon Hunter— Unleash the demon within as an all-new melee hero class gifted with preternatural mobility—and the ability to metamorphose into hellish new forms.
- New Feature: Artifact Weapons— Smite the Legion with legendary weapons of lore. Earn Artifact power to unlock abilities and traits, and customize your weapon to suit your needs.
- New Continent: The Broken Isles— Discover the fate of a lost night elf civilization, confront twisted fragments of the Emerald Nightmare, and hunt agents of the Legion in all-new zones.
- New Feature: Order Hall— Whether you’re paladin or warlock, unite fellow NPC members of your class’s order to carry out missions at your command.
- New PvP Honor System— Fight for fame, glory, and a range of new PvP-specific powers as you face the opposing faction in Arenas and Battlegrounds.
- Boost to Level 100— Come fully prepared to battle the Legion with a level-100 character boost, and fight alongside your friends in this epic new chapter of World of Warcraft.
Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment, said:
“In World of Warcraft: Legion, the stakes for the Alliance and the Horde are higher than ever, so we’re putting some of Azeroth’s deadliest forces directly in players’ hands. Whether they’re wreaking havoc as a Demon Hunter or unlocking awesome new abilities for their Artifact, players will develop their characters’ power in ways they never have before.”