Blizzard announced today the release of World of Warcraft: Legion, the sixth expansion to its acclaimed massively multiplayer role-playing game. In order to celebrate this announcement, Blizzard has also released the game’s launch trailer that can be viewed below.
As the press release reads, in Legion, Azeroth faces complete obliteration as the warlock Gul’dan brings forth a demonic army more powerful than any the Horde and the Alliance have ever faced.
“To stop the Legion’s destructive crusade, Azeroth’s defenders must embark on a quest to unlock the mythic secrets of the Broken Isles, seek out and masterArtifact weapons of legendary might, and rally like-minded champions to their cause in their Order Halls. In this desperate hour, they must also strike a forbidden pact with the outcast Demon Hunters of the Illidari, fel-twisted disciples of the dreaded Illidan the Betrayer. Should the heroes of Azeroth fail . . . kingdoms will burn.”
Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment, said:
“We’re excited to return to one of Warcraft’s core conflicts—the ongoing war against the Burning Legion—and send players on their most epic adventure yet. We’ve filledLegion with features and content that give players whole new ways to experienceWorld of Warcraft, including a brand-new hero class, awesome Artifact weapons that unlock a new progression path, and more freedom to explore than ever before. We can’t wait for players to see everything in store in this expansion.”
World of Warcraft: Legion introduces a host of new features and content to aid heroes in their quest to save Azeroth:
- New Hero Class: Demon Hunter—Unleash Havoc in the form of devastating and dexterous attacks, or seek Vengeance and use your demonic powers to protect allies from harm. Demon Hunters begin their quest at level 98†, so you can quickly join the battle on the Broken Isles.
- New Feature: Artifact Weapons—Seek out and master legendary Artifacts, mighty class-specific weapons from Warcraft lore—such as Ashbringer and Doomhammer—that grow in power as you use them in battle against the Burning Legion.
- New Continent: The Broken Isles—Explore new zones that dynamically scale to your level. Brave the vrykul realm of Stormheim, where mythic titan Keepers clash for control; unlock the secrets of the night elf ruins of Azsuna; free Val’sharah from the grip of the Emerald Nightmare—your path is yours to forge.
- Boost to Level 100—Head straight to the front lines of the battle against the Legion with an included level-100 character boost. Try out different classes before you commit to boosting, with Legion’s new Class Trial feature.
- New Feature: Order Halls—Gather with fellow members of your class and plan your resistance against the Legion. Command troops and champions of your order—including iconic Warcraft characters—to carry out missions to further your cause.
- New PvP Honor System—Earn all-new PvP-specific powers as you advance through the new Honor system, and earn rewards that benefit you whether you’re in the Arena, on the Battlegrounds, or engaging in PvE content.
- New Feature: World Quests—Experience a vast and ever-changing array of adventures for max-level characters. Hunt for rare treasures, spontaneously join forces to conquer elite bosses, and much more.