MachineGames has just released the first beta patch for Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus. According to the release notes, this beta patch restores the Steam overlay functionalities, and adds driver version detection and dialog.
Furthermore, this beta patch re-enables Async compute for AMD graphics cards. Do note that Async compute requires the latest AMD driver 17.10.3 (you can download it from here). On the other hand, this beta patch also disables Async compute for NVIDIA’s GTX1080Ti GPUs.
Last but not least, this beta patch resolved an issue affecting the deployment of full game files in Japan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia.
You’ll have to follow this guide in order to install this beta patch
- Right click the game in your Steam library.
- Go to properties, then the “Betas” tab.
- In the dropdown, choose public beta as your branch.
- Apply and you are good to go.
Here is the changelog for the first Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus beta patch.
- Resolved an issue affecting the deployment of full game files in Japan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia
- Re-enabled Async compute for AMD users (requires AMD driver version 17.10.3)
- Temporarily disabled Async compute on 1080ti until driver fix is in
- Re-enabled Steam Overlay
- Added driver version detection and dialog
The patch is now available to everyone!