Fatbot Games has announced a prequel to the award-winning steampunk dungeon crawler Vaporum, Vaporum: Lockdown. Vaporum: Lockdown is coming to the PC in Q1 2020 and you can also find below its announcement trailer.
Vaporum: Lockdown is a grid-based, single-player, single-character game, seen from a first-person perspective in an original steampunk setting. The game draws inspiration from old-school games like Dungeon Master I and II, the Eye of the Beholder series, and the more recent Legend of Grimrock I and II.
The game promises to expand on everything that made the first game good. Therefore, players can expect more menacing enemy types, broadened skill trees and new gadgets. Furthermore, there will be plenty of new unique items, as well as original puzzles and mechanics.
Lastly, here are the game’s key features:
- Fight in real time! First-person real-time combat with deadly foes with varied abilities and behaviors.
- Stop time mode! Enable this mode at any time to cause time to only pass when you act, giving you unlimited time to reason about your next best move. Useful in both combat and puzzles!
- Be tactical. Use various attacks and read your opponents – each enemy has a different set of strengths and weaknesses.
- Fully voiced main characters. Explore the story through a fully voiced main protagonist and several other key characters, in the form of dialogs and phonodiaries.
- Tons of customization options! The gadget-based RPG system allows you to evolve your exoskeleton over time and also adapt to any situation at will.
- Absorb fumium from defeated enemies. Unlock additional circuits in your exoskeleton and gain new bonuses and skills.
- Keep your wits about you. Solve level-wide objectives and puzzles that vary in difficulty.
- Explore and loot. Look for optional passages filled with additional challenges and rewards.
- Survive the chaos that has set in after terrible events, and escape the tower on full lockdown!
- Immersive steampunk setting. Beautiful graphics, stunning sound design, and an atmosphere of constant danger lurking around every corner.