Good Shepherd Entertainment has announced that its 2D synth-punk roguelike action shooter, Black Future ’88, will release on November 21st. In order to celebrate this announcement, the publisher released a new gameplay trailer that you can find below.
Black Future ’88 is a Synth-Punk roguelike 2D action Shooter. Players will vertically climb an always evolving procedural tower to reach the top and kill its insane owner. Players can also shoot, slash, dash and upgrade themselves to survive the endless waves of deadly traps, homicidal AI, crazed junkies and colossal Wardens standing in their way.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Death Ascendant: Climb an always evolving procedural tower and fight for survival through a constant onslaught of death by fire, lasers, and slashes.
- Unique Synth-Punk World: Play through a unique take on a retro cyberpunk dystopia, and fight to survive through 5 distinct zones each with their own challenges.
- Pick Your Poison: Play as one of 5 playable characters, each with their own unique buffs- and weaknesses.
- Ruin Friendships: Test your wits and reflexes with a friend in couch co-op, and experience a completely unique take on the co-op roguelike.
- Kill the Wardens: Fight for survival by challenging the numerous unique bosses that guard each one of the game’s zones.
- Fog Machines and Laser Beams: Bring a gun and laser sword to a fire fight by arming yourself with a selection of the 50 unique weapons available in the game, each with their own unique effects.
- Evolve to Survive: The only way to survive when everything, including your own heart, is trying to kill you is to carefully boost or curse yourself by strategically choosing- and combining from 30 distinct buffs and curses.
- Dailies: Every day, a new challenge is generated with unique attributes that will test your mettle and allow you to see how your skills compare against other players in a global Leaderboard. Fight for not just survival, but supremacy!
- Ear Candy: Death never sounded so good thanks to an all killer original analog-synth soundtrack.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”