Epic Games announced that it has worked with numerous exceptionally talented independent developers to put together the very first Unreal Indie Bundle, giving gamers seven acclaimed, Unreal Engine 3-powered indie games for the price of one. For one week the Unreal Indie Bundle is available for $19.99 (USD), £14.99 (GBP) and €17.99 (EUR) on Steam.
From the tower-defending excitement of Trendy Entertainment’s “Dungeon Defenders” to the abstract first-person puzzling of Toxic Games’ “Q.U.B.E.,” the limited-time Unreal Indie Bundle showcases the great variety of games that can be developed using Epic’s industry-leading Unreal Engine technology.
Here’s a rundown of the titles included in the bundle, which launches today:
· “The Ball” – Teotl Studios o “The Ball” is a first person action-adventure game featuring a captivating single-player campaign. When a swashbuckling archaeologist working on a dormant Mexican volcano gets stuck in a cavern, it doesn’t take long to realize there is much more to this exotic place.
· “Dungeon Defenders” – Trendy Entertainment o Save the land of Etheria from an Ancient Evil in the tower defense action-RPG “Dungeon Defenders.” Create a hero from one of four distinct classes to fight back wave after wave of enemies by summoning defenses and directly participating in the action-packed combat.
· “Primal Carnage” – Lukewarm Media o “Primal Carnage” is an online multiplayer shooter that engrosses players in skilled PVP combat, team-based strategy and savage class-oriented matches unlike any previously experienced. Be it an armed human mercenary or a cunning dinosaur, “Primal Carnage” unleashes the inner beast in anyone who seeks to survive amongst the fittest.
· “Q.U.B.E.” – Toxic Games o Set in a mysterious and abstract sterile environment, “Q.U.B.E.” (Quick Understanding of Block Extrusion) is a first-person puzzle game that challenges players to navigate each level by manipulating coloured cubes that surround them.
· “Sanctum” – Coffee Stain Studios o You think Tower Defense games are all about building? You thought wrong. Sanctum is not an average tower defense title. When the havoc starts, join the fray! As a pioneer of the first-person shooter – tower defense genre, “Sanctum” takes the best of both worlds to deliver an epic, one-of-a-kind experience.
· “Unmechanical” – Teotl Studios and Talawa Games o “Unmechanical” is a puzzle adventure that combines tricky puzzle solving, alluring exploration and an engrossing atmosphere. Set in a fantastic world of flesh, rock and steel, the journey to freedom requires solving a great variety of puzzling challenges. While it’s easy to pick up and play, later challenges may prove very difficult indeed.
· “Waves” – Squid in a Box o Shooter fans deserve more. And those who haven’t discovered the pleasure of twin-stick destruction deserve an entry point. Introducing “Waves,” a twin-stick shooter that can be played by anyone, but with a high enough skill threshold to keep even the most hardened shooter fan entertained.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities.Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards." Contact: Email