A couple of weeks ago, Iron Galaxy released the third PC patch for UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection. That patch added support for non-AVX2 CPUs, and packed some mouse improvements. However, it also introduced annoying camera stutters when using the mouse which made the game unplayable. Thankfully, there is an unofficial workaround that PC gamers can use in order to fix them.
All you have to do is set a custom framerate for this particular game via the NVIDIA/AMD Control Panels. By doing so, the camera movement will be smooth. We’ve tested this and we can confirm that it’s working.
On our main PC system (Intel i9 9900K with 16GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090), we set the framerate limit to 144fps. Now the good news here is that even when the framerate was lower than that (for example 90-100fps), the mouse camera movement felt silky smooth. In other words, you don’t have to hit your framerate limit in order to have a smooth mouse camera movement.
In order to set a custom framerate setting, you can follow this guide.
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel
- Go to ‘Manage 3D settings’.
- Click on the ‘Program Settings’ tab.
- Look for ‘UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection’. It doesn’t matter if it’s ‘u4.exe’ or ‘tll.exe’ since it seems to apply the same settings to both.
- Scroll down to ‘Max Frame Rate’ and set a limit of your choosing. Since I have a 144hz monitor, I’ve set it to 144fps. As long as there is a limit, that seems to fix the issue.
This is the second time the community has come up with a workaround for major issues affecting this title. Let’s at least hope now that Iron Galaxy will officially address this via a hotfix (or with a new main patch).
Kudos to Steam’s member ‘Lord Sithspit’ for sharing this.