Crystal Dynamics has released a new patch for the PC version of Tomb Raider, and according to its changelog, this patch comes with significant performance improvements in CPU limited areas. Now we are not certain about these improvements because we did not notice any at the start of Mountain Village (right after the attack from the wolves). But anyway, some users may notice those improvements, so kudos to Crystal Dynamics for at least releasing it. This update will be auto-downloaded from Steam and you can view its complete changelog below.
Tomb Raider 1.01.748.0 Changelog:
– Fixed problem with Mountaineer, Sure-Shot, and Demolition outfits not properly unlocking when no other DLC is installed.
– Fixed TressFX Hair not being able to be turned on, on some machines, when using AMD Eyefinity or NVIDIA Surround.
– Significant performance improvements in CPU limited areas, for example in Shanty Town. (This is the same fix we have previously exposed to users on forums with the MulticoreFlushMode registry key).
– Fixed water polygons randomly disappearing on Intel graphics hardware.
– Fix problem with English VO setting when playing in Japanese not properly being remembered after a restart.
– Minor UI improvements.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."