Modder ‘Aleks Vuckovic’ has released Version 3.0 of his gamepaly mod for The Witcher 3, The Witcher 3 Redux. According to the changelog, version 3.0 re-balances the Burning Critical Effect as it was a little over-nerfed and adds Elemental Armor ability to Gargoyles.
Moreover, it fixes a rare issue with combat skill “Fleet Footed”. This bug could cause Geralt to sometimes not have the critical chance bonus applied. Additionally, it lowers follower damage by 20% as they were a little over-powered. It also lowers mini-boss/boss human enemy vitality bonus further from +100%/200% to +75%/100%, respectively.
In case you weren’t aware of, The Witcher 3 Redux is a “light” gameplay overhaul. Its main purpose is to make the gameplay feel more realistic and lore friendly where preperation is key. Naturally, this mod is not compatible with other gameplay mods for CD Projekt RED’s game. As such, you won’t be able to use it alongside The Witcher 3 E3 2014 Gameplay Mod or The Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition.
You can download this latest version of The Witcher 3 Redux from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
The Witcher 3 Redux Version 3.0 Release Notes
- Rebalanced the Burning Critical Effect as it was a little over-nerfed. See heading below for details.
- During Rain/Storms, burn chance from Igni is lowered by 10/20%, respectively.
- During Rain/Storms, if an enemy catches alight, burn damage is increased by 10/20%, respectively.
- The character screen now displays alternate Igni burn chance when players equip the skill.
- Added Elemental Armor ability to Gargoyles – they were accidentally missing in the last update.
- Leshen “Root Attack” now scales with enemy level and is a lot more punishing.
- Lowered mini-boss/boss human enemy vitality bonus further from +100%/200% to +75%/100%, respectively.
- Lowered follower damage by 20% – they were a little over-powered
- Wyvern Decoction no longer affects damage over time and fixed a bug where a successful dodge would still increase Toxicity.
- Fixed rare issue with combat skill “Fleet Footed” where Geralt would sometimes not have the critical chance bonus applied.
- Toxicity should now display on Geralt’s face when drinking Decoctions and should hopefully be less buggy in general and correctly change with toxicity levels.
- Lowered “Whispering Hillock” quest werewolf regen by 50% – was still too powerful for early game.
- Renamed the Preservation runeword to Augmentation. Slightly reworked it so it applies table and grindstone bonuses each time you are in combat, there by circumventing the vanilla Preservation bug.
- DL(v1.6): Excluded a bunch of named characters.