Back in July, we informed you about a mod for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that introduced a first-person camera viewpoint. Well, good news everyone as modder ‘SkacikPL’ has finally released his mod.
As its description reads, this modification will add a brand new, immersive first person camera mode to your game that can be enabled or disabled at any time during exploration.
Unfortunately, this first-person mode is automatically disabled during horseback riding and combat.
Those interested can download this mod from here.
And here are its key features:
- Immersive first person camera that properly follows Geralt’s body.
- Customizable FOV (in range from 1 to 110).
- Customizable, separate X and Y axis mouse sensitivity.
- Optional, first-person-only DOF effect.
- Optional, first-person-only “do not disturb” mode that will allow you to avoid combat as long as you’re in first person mode.
- Entirely non-conflicting setup, compatible with all mods and all game versions from 1.08 up.
- Complex interiors (Kaer morhen/Kaer Trolde) have some minor streaming issues.
- Game will hide NPCs that are very close to the camera.
- Movement scheme is identical in first person as in third person(no strafing, backedaling, etc.)
- Mouse movement has “floaty” behavior when moving (intended behavior, required to improving movement controls).
- Horseback riding and combat are currently not supported, you will get automatically booted out of the first person mode if such event occurs.
- Requires manual hooking after each level load (tradeoff for being non-conflicting mod).
Have fun everyone!