Nightdive Studios has released a new major update for the System Shock Remake Alpha Demo. This update improves the performance of the Mutant Ragdolls, as well as the Blood Decals and the Artificial Intelligence.
Moreover, it adds new ladders, first person ladder animations, new inventory icons for the Assault Rifle, new atmospheric fog, and a new ending elevator. Additionally, it adds new hit reactions when enemies are shot or struck with the pipe.
Furthermore, this patch reduces the CPU Nodes health, adds player breathing audio, doubles the explosives sound radius detection and fixes an issue with the Medical Healing Bed movement.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
System Shock Remake Alpha Demo Update 1.22 Release Notes
- Fixed certain effects running infinitely and causing gradual performance deterioration,
- Added First Person Ladder animations,
- Added new ladders,
- New inventory icons for the Assault Rifle,
- Added new atmospheric fog,
- Added new ending elevator,
- New hit reactions when enemies are shot or struck with the pipe,
- Berserk Patches now have their effects and side-effects implemented,
- Added Magpulse impact effects and muzzle flash,
- Also added MediPatch visual effect,
- Improved Blood effects,
- Toxin Barrel effects culled,
- Mutant Ragdoll performance update,
- Cyborg Assassins now drops their rifle on death,
- Blood Decal visuals improved,
- Artificial Intelligence improvements,
- Added Player breathing audio,
- Doubled Explosives sound radius detection,
- Fixed an issue with the Medical Healing Bed movement,
- The Hacker will now be detected by all the recharging Drones when killing one of them,
- Disabled The Hacker’s arm shadows,
- CPU Nodes health reduced,
- Fixed melee weapons being allowed to activate while equipment was disabled,
- Mutant drool now destroys itself rather than deactivates,
- Modified lift to be able to reverse direction if something blocks it,
- Removed navigation collision from Lift and Cyborg Assassin rifle,
- Detach and deactivate Niagara components when both bullet and explosion projectiles are about to be destroyed,
- Added Gas Grenade Effects,
- The Hacker can no longer climb onto ladders while dying,
- Occulus Plugin disabled, VR headsets should no longer recognize the game,
- Other smaller general fixes and improvements.