DICE has released a brand new patch for Star Wars Battlefront 2. According to the release notes, this patch features some balance tweaks and fixes for Heroes and Villains, balance tweaks and fixes for a number of maps, as well as some changes to all classes, special Units, and Infantry units.
DICE has added an “unstaggerable” window during a set period of time when players dodge. As such, players will need now to time their rolls better and predict attacks. Furthermore, Milestones are now claimed automatically upon completion.
The team also fixed an issue where players would not receive credits for duplicate star cards, implemented several performance and stability improvements, as well as various UI improvements and bug fixes.
This latest update for Star Wars Battlefront 2 will be auto-downloaded from Origin, and you can read its general improvements and fixes below (for the Heroes/Villains balance tweaks head over to its official forum).
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Patch 1.2 Release Notes
General Improvements and Bug Fixes::
- Fixed an issue where players would not receive credits for duplicate star cards – Players who encountered this issue previously will retroactively be awarded with the proper amounts of credits over time.
- Increased Credit payout for duplicate items
– Common – From 200 to 300
– Uncommon – From 400 to 600
– Rare – From 800 to 900
– Epic – From 1200 to 3600
- Increased the glow of blaster bolts to make them look more vibrant
- Increased the dismemberment probability of the B1 Battle Droids from 20% to 40%
- Reduced the stretched bloom effect for a clearer image
- Improved the glow, thickness, and lighting of lightsabers
- U-Wing – when firing from the gunner position, the gun, muzzle flash, and blaster bolt are now shown properly
- Fixed an issue where the camera would enter a bad state when being the target of Darth Vader’s Choke
- End of Round – Fixed an issue where the map would sometimes overlap with the intro video in Starfighter Assault
- Fixed an issue where the wrong loading screen would be seen when loading a level
- Fixed an issue where some menu options would disappear under certain conditions
- Fixed an issue where the camera would stutter when spawning in with a Hero in Custom Arcade
- Fixed an issue where the AT-RT Repair ability did not work correctly
- Fixed an issue where players would not get the “Heroic Sacrifice” scoring event when defeated by a Hero
- Fixed an issue where Darth Vader would not take any damage from Luke Skywalker’s Push ability if standing near a wall
- Fixed an issue where the AAT would take too much damage when colliding with surrounding objects
- Fixed an issue where Turrets and Grenades could inflict damage after the round ended
- Fixed an issue where players would not receive Score for grenade kills made after their character had died
- Fixed an issue where a friendly First Order AT-ST showed up as an enemy on radar
- Fixed an issue where players could survive when knocked down from a platform in Heroes vs Villains
- Fixed an issue where players could equip class specific Star Cards to other classes
- Tweaked the color-blind settings to make Squad members easier to distinguish on the minimap
- Fixed an issue where Brawler boost card didn’t refresh some ability cards.
- Fixed an issue where players could force respawn during the Heroes vs Villains intro sequence and respawn in a new location
- Reduced the amount of Battle Points you received when attacking the objective on Crait with a Ski Speeder
- Fixed an issue where the character would disappear on the client after combat rolls
- Fixed an issue in the Campaign where the weapon HUD wouldn’t indicate when aiming at an enemy
- Fixed an issue where AI troopers in Arcade would constantly melee attack each other
- Fixed an issue where Assault troopers in Arcade would attempt to use the Scan Dart ability as a regular weapon
- Various bug fixes in Arcade
- Several performance and stability improvements
- Fixed several localization issues
- Various UI improvements and bug fixes