THQ Nordic has announced that SpellForce 3 will be released on December 7th. SpellForce 3 promises to combine the best of the two genres (RTS and RPG) in the renowned SpellForce universe with a rich, deep backstory.
The action takes place prior to the events of SpellForce: The Order of Dawn, and this “prequel” immerses players in the lush and luxuriant fantasy world of Eo.
Similar to its predecessors, players create their hero from scratch and can then develop the hero’s skills during the campaign, complete quests, explore the game world and join forces with up to three characters to form a group of heroes.
Here are the game’s key features:
- RTS/RPG Mix: Unique gameplay combining RTS and Top Down RPG genres
- Create & Customize: Create your own hero and develop his skillset as you prefer!
- Build to Fight: Build your own army and fight epic mass battles with it.
- Epic Storyline: Unravel a deep and epic story in the SpellForce universe that doesnt require having played any of the former SpellForce games. Fans will still find a lot of interesting connections.
- Rich universe & lore: Explore the world Eo and discover intrigues, secrets and a lot of loot for your hero.
- Apply some tactics: Use advance tactics with your RTS army to defeat your enemies
- Play on your own: Long Single Player Campaign of 30+ hours
- Multiplayer: Strong multiplayer component with various modes – Play cooperatively or compete against each other