2K Games has released a new update for Sid Meier’s Civilization V. This update comes with official Steam Workshop support, moddable font icons and unit art, an option to activate/deactivate specific DLCs, several text bugs fixes, and new Loading screens. As always, the update will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can view its complete changelog below. Enjoy!
Sid Meier’s Civilization V Update Changelog:
– Steam Workshop enabled.
– DLL swapping is now possible in-game.
– Updated mod browser to utilize Steam Workshop.
– Font Icons are now moddable.
– Unit art is now fully moddable.
– Mods are now activated the moment you click “Next” on the mods browser rather than when you click “Single Player.”
[ADVISORS & TUTORIALS]
– Improved the queuing and prioritization of advisor pop-ups.
– Unique advisor portraits per era now show up for the advisor counsel screens and advisor info screens.
– Adjusted advisor levels down a bit so that experienced users won’t see so many tutorials.
– Fixed several issues with the Tutorials.
– When selecting “Learn as you play,” all tutorial messages are now enabled despite having your options set to “No Advisors.”
– When switching players in hotseat, have the new players existing notifications rebroadcast to them. This allows the player to see non-expired notifications such as deal proposals.
– Fix Diplomacy Deals in Hotseat.
– Add a few multiplayer error messages to let the player know what went wrong (disconnects, gets booted, etc.).
– Add invite button to in-game view. (This brings up the Steam Invite list, which is different from the Shift-TAB overlay).
– Main Menu now contains an option to activate/deactivate specific DLCs.
– Quick combat and Quick Movement options are now part of the Options menu and can be changed during gameplay.
– Options menu now contains “Skip intro video.”
– New Loading screens have been implemented.
– Diplomacy: Disabled modifiers for trying to win the same way.
– Diplomacy: Layout changes to diplo modifiers for better readability and more information.
– Mods and DLC used in a game are now stored in the Hall of Fame database (Only games which match currently active DLC are displayed in the Hall of Fame).
– The “Time Spent” message now displays in the saved replays.
– Load Replay Menu now defaults to “Sort by Last Modified.”
– Added a “Retire” button to the game menu.
– In some cases, previous saves may not work correctly after updating.
– Several text bugs fixed (in all languages).
– Prevent escape from being used when a leader requests a luxury resource from you.
– Social policies may not be unlocked unless the player has founded at least 1 city.