Coreplay and Croteam have released new updates for Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter and Jagged Alliance: Back in Action. In preparation of the upcoming DLC, Croteam had added a FOV slider to graphics options menu and made various improvements and corrections to Serious Sam HD: TSE. Coreplay on the other hand added DLC support (DLC can be accessed via main menu) and fixed various issues to Jagged Alliance: Back in Action. You can view the changelog for both of these updates below and as always, these patches will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client.
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Update Changelog:
-Added DLC support, DLC can be accessed via main menu
-Savegames crated on DLC maps are marked in the loading menu
-Fixed ammo for Grenade Launcher not displayed as 40mm
-Fixed crash upon deleting all mails
-Fixed exploit that allowed to duplicate items and could result in crashes
-Fixed right click allowing to move items from sector inventory when it was inaccessible
-Fixed cone preview displayed on turning in plan & go vanishing when the stance is changed after the turning action
-Fixed mouse cursor vanishing when scrolling by moving the cursor to the border of the screen in fullscreen mode while pressing ALT or WASD
-Fixed building attacker AI with melee weapon stopping when attacked from afar
-Fixed mercs and militia not dropping correctly from ladders when dying while still climbing
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Update Changelog:
– Chainsaw weapon is now properly removed from 3rd person player model upon death.
– Fixed visual stutter of FOV during serious speed power if using custom FOV.
– Player FOV override no longer has any effect in third person view mode.
– Added slider for FOV adjustment to graphics options menu.
– Using third person view mode is no longer reported as cheating in versus game modes.
– Added checkbox for preferred player view mode (first / third person), which determines view mode at the start of a game session.
– Deathmatch game mode now supports infinite frags limit.
– Death and chat lines now last half as long.
– Created Yellow Yarek player model.
– Player death camera will be in third person in versus modes (but not those which include enemies, like beast hunt).
– Fixed bug which caused deaths not to be correctly considered when forming sorted score list.
– When player gets killed by environment damage (something other than player), it will lose frags.
– Colt weapon no longer uses reload in deathmatch and other versus modes.
– Fixed an issue causing sniper item spawns to overlap during last man/team standing rounds.
– Made player footstep heard farther in versus. Made them silent when crouching.
– Fixed an issue causing missing 3rd person weapons and wrong spine animation in case multiplayer model is changed from non-default back to default during gameplay.
– Fixed an issue preventing player from entering swimming mode in some cases.
– Fixed serious damage item not being visible when dropped by player.
– Fixed player falling through floor when crouching after long fall on remote machine under low FPS.
– Player FOV override cvar is not disabled in versus multiplayer mode any more.
– Kleer Kenny now has destruction sound.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."