Devolver and Croteam have released the launch trailer of the Jewel of the Nile DLC expansion for Serious Sam 3: BFE. The explosive new expansion – planned for release tomorrow – will contain three new campaign missions set within the story of Serious Sam 3: BFE and follow Sam “Serious” Stone as he tracks down a powerful artifact on an ancient island to swing the tide of battle against Mental’s invading alien horde.
Croteam has also released a new update for Serious Sam 3. As always, this patch will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can view its complete changelog below. Enjoy!
Serious Sam 3: BFE Update Changelog:
– NEW! Added 7 new versus maps and 3 new survival maps.
– NEW! Added support for VAC.
– When playing versus with automatic map rotation, if playing some map other than the official ones, next map would always be Slumoner. Fixed.
– Fixed problem with debris sometimes being lit by distant light even in underground rooms.
– Updated localizations for Chinese, Russian, Polish and Czech.
– Added support for caching GLSL shaders’ binary code under OpenGL via “GL_ARB_get_program_binary” extension. (Currently only works with separated shaders!)
– Fixed some cases where (false positive) credentials errors were causing the moddable game to exit.
– Fixed SeriousEditor reporting credential errors when user tried to finalize files from list.
– Fixed SeriousEditor reporting credential errors when user tried to execute custom script commands.
– Fixed a case where 3rd person player model would be left without weapon in hand in some situations.
– Devastator projectile can now hit other physical projectiles.
– Driver version detection now works under OpenGL.
– Update auto-detect GPU info for new and existing cards.
– JPG files are now supported as a valid texture file type.
– Fixed a very very rare case of crash when printing time/date values (e.g. in load/save menus).
– Fixed an enemies remaining without an animation (rendering T-pose) in some very rare cases.
– Fixed jetpack sound being heard on entire map.
– Fixed errors when getting on or off ladders in network in some cases that didn’t manifest on official maps.
– Fixed Rockets exploding on launch in some cases if fired while swimming.
– Fixed some wrong HUD visuals happening when using combinations of keyboard/mouse and gamepad.
– Fixed player banning not working and re-enabled player time ban in voting menu.
– Added support for OpenGL “GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects” extension, which speeds up shader compiling under OpenGL.
– Fixed fight music sometimes continuing playing when an event script was supposed to induce silence.
– Fixed big lens-flares being visible over sniper mask.
– Fixed black screen issue under OpenGL when player is hurt. (Mostly appeared on Mac)
– Added OpenGL extension for determining amount of video and texture RAM on NV and ATI GPUs.
– Fixed some artefacts on Pirate Pete player model.
– When no players are alive and have no lives left in a game mode that uses lives, game play will end (in 5 seconds to allow after death score from kills) and map will be restarted.
– In case there are no living players anywhere on the world, the first available spectator camera will be selected as best.
– Some optimizations in sound playback system.
– Light streaks effect quality is now smoother and can be adjusted via new ‘efx_iStreaksQuality’ cvar.
– Fixed black surfaces in some cases when a model with Vegetation shader is instanced.
– Further optimizations in multithreaded renderer.
– Fixed a rare crash when using C4 in network games.
– Various rendering performance optimizations.
– Fixed occasional crash at startup of Serious Editor.
– Faster texture uploads under Direct3D. Also, if d3d_bMultiThreadedDevice=1, it can upload in separate thread.
– Numerous bug fixes for OpenGL rendering.
– tex_iSquishCompressionQuality controls DXT compression quality of Squish algorithm; used only when NVIDIA texture tools are not installed
– Serious Editor now supports high quality texture compression even in Steam builds. Install NVIDIA texture tools ( http://developer.nvidia.com/content/gpu-accelerated-texture-compression ) to enable this.
– Updated fbx import to support blend shape animation.
– Fixed bug which caused falling damage when player would climb down the ladder.
– Ladders can now be used underwater.
– Player can now exit the ladder after climbing down to its base, even if there is no floor below.
– Fixed cases where ladders would not work correctly on clients.
– Fixed a rare crash that happened some times if client was left in the “you were disconnected” screen for very long time.
– Several optimizations in network processing, which lower the CPU load on server and make better use of available bandwidth for clients.
– Added steam_bEnableVAC cvar for starting a dedicated server with VAC support. VAC is now enabled by default.
– Added a checkbox for filtering VAC unsecured servers in the server list.
– Server list now shows an icon for VAC protected servers.
– Dedicated server no longer reports errors if XInput is not installed.
– Using third person view mode is no longer reported as cheating in versus game modes.
– Fixed RConServer handling of cursor offset when pasting text or using home / end keys.
– Rcon telnet server now prevents brute force password guessing attacks by limiting number of allowed connection attempts by various criteria.
– Fixed a possible crash when processing texts with invalid utf8 sequences.
– Fixed cursor navigation in game console in presence of utf8 characters.
– Voting info now properly handles player names that have html tags (“<“, “>”, “&”) in them.
– Fixed a rare bug where level stats of a finished level would be written to a wrong leaderboard.
– Gamepad layout menu no longer renders its menu reflection, to improve readability.
– Fixed problem with menus glowing all around after returning from the game sometimes when rendering resolution was smaller than screen resolution.
– Raw input system now detects XFire and falls back to legacy sytem, because XFire breaks raw input on the system where it is running.
– Added warning in split screen menu if XFire is running. (Since without raw input one cannot use multiple keyboards.)
– Fixed some rare general multithreading crashes (all platforms).
– Fixed several cases of wrong rendering when multi-threaded renderer was enabled: translucent objects, first-person weapon and some other models flashing, morphs not working.
– Fixed crash when using multi-threaded rendering in editor and trying to edit a model.
– Fixed a possible crash in editor when attempting to edit a non-local script bound to an entity of a world which had previously been closed.
– Fixed a crash in script editor when inserting a new object into an empty line in a script by drag and dropping it.
– Fixed an issue preventing auto-complete from working if used on the first token in the first line in script editor.
– Skeletons (and animation editor) now support three types of bones – bones, joints and null bones. FBX importer automatically uses null and joint bones where needed.
– FBX importer now supports importing and exporting polygon maps and morph maps.
– Updated FBX importer to handle negative timestamps for animation keyframes.
– Added mesh simplification tool (Ctrl+Shift+C) in mesh editor. It can be used to automatically create LODs or generally simplify meshes.
– Environment grabber now also temporarly disable rendering of comments, so these are no longer baked inside probe lights.
– Door entity can now be set up to ignore distant lights (added “Ignore distant lights” property).
– Find entities dialog now has an “Extensive resource search” button. Entities which in any way reference a resource whose file name matches the search expression will be selected. Note that this is very slow and can take a few minutes on production size levels.
– Fixed crash when trying to test model without collision geometry for raycast.
– Fixed an issue where third person weapon tool would remain visible after switching to hands weapon to show sirian bracelet.
– Fixed some rare cases when enemies would behave strangely if player was in water.
– Rather than starting with the first spectator camera on the world, the camera closest to a living player is selected.
– Spectator camera’s current FOV is now kept same when switching between cameras.
– Spectator view now uses standerd HUD rendering system to obey all of its settings, scaling, etc.
– Players are no longer forced to exit spectator mode during mid-game round countdown.
– Fixed various problems for players that were dead during cutscenes (not seeing the CS, spawning on wrong place…)
– Players will no longer produce wound sounds and effects if damaged while dead.
– A sound is now played when extra life is received.
– Added Intel GPUs to auto-detection list. This is just first version, and will possibly need more tweaking. (Intel GPUs are still not officially supported.)
– Added new GPUs from nVidia and ATi to auto-detection list.
– Fixed OpenGL initialization crashing on drivers that returned invalid values for identification.
– Added workaround for wrong report from ATI OpenGL driver about max render target size supported (GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE).
– Fixed some rare cases where shadows were rendered wrong due to visibility errors.
– Added further optimizations to visibility system for shadows.
– Instancing now works even on destruction models.
– Fixed a model disappearing too early if it has several meshes with different max distances and/or fading lenghts.
– Fixed problem with some models flashing when fading out.
– Fixed flashing pyramid in cut-scene in Luxor level.
– Fixed occasional junk screen on startup.
– Fixed extremely slow updating of font texture when using extended Direct3D device.
– Fixed some HDR brightness parameters from one split-screen view being applied to another in some cases.
– Highlight shader now renders in correct brightness when HDR output normalization is used.
– Loading shaders from disk is now faster.
– Some shaders now report errors for some invalid setup combinations, to aid properly configuring them.
– Optimized zoom shader so it doesn’t render the effect in vain when very weak.
– General optimization in CPU usage for per-frame preparations for some shaders.
– Several optimisations in mirrors, refractions and water rippler, as well as SSAO, color ramp processing and light-streaks effect.
– Added compatibility testing cvar ‘efx_bNoColorGrading’ which, when enabled, forbid color ramping in post-processing pass.
– Radio chat controller now has IsInRadioChat() functoin to determine if a radio chat is currently in progress.
– Khnum now adjusts its feet on unlevel ground.
– All jetpack parameters are now overridable through zone controller.
– Jet pack can now be dynamically added and removed from script using AddJetpack() and RemoveJetpack() macro functions.
– Weapons that don’t need auto-aiming no longer show the indicator.
– Pressing “aim” button when auto-aiming is enabled will lock on target even for weapons that don’t have aim-down-sight.
– Auto-aim target tracking during aiming is now more robust handling cases such as spiders on ceilings.
– Fixed multiple players sometimes being able to attach a sticky bomb to the same entity on the same attachment.
– Fixed sticky bombs sometimes failing to lock on attachment in some rare cases.
– Puppets can now define custom stretch multiplier for locked on sticky bomb projectiles / attachments.
– Fixed possible lockup in spaceship’s beam attack.
– Fixed cases where enemies using some tactics would never be able to unable to reach their foe.
– Tactics without markers now work.
– Fixed an issue with enemy kills in beast hunt mode not being counted if achieved via indirect damage (e.g., killing a kamikaze near another enemy, killing them both with kamikaze’s blast).
– Ramesseum – fixed bug where in Cooperative if some player with picked canister came to fill the car within 3 seconds after other player filled last canister (8/8) script could fail and level could not finish.
– Fixed a rare issue where destroying some object would leave another object on top of it floating in the air.
– Fixed the spinning view bug that sometimes appeared on OSX.
– Updated fbx import-export to sdk version 2013.2.
– Updated fbx import-export. Fixes for model mover and unit conversions.
– Player sprint state is now canceled when game session is finished (winner or round winner is declared).
– It is no longer possible to sprint when carrying MyBurden.
– It is no longer possible to sprint underwater.
– Fixed a rare crash after respawning a player who was gibbed.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."