Capcom has released a new beta patch for the Steam version of Resident Evil 4 that adds Specular Highlights & Bump Mapping Effects that were missing from the X360 version. In addition, this new beta patch implements new stereo/positional audio for in-game sound effects and fixes various bugs that have been reported by fans.
In order to download the beta patch, PC gamers will have to follow this guide:
- From your Steam ‘LIBRARY’ list, right-click on Resident Evil 4 / Biohazard 4 and select ‘Properties’
- Select the ‘BETAS’ tab.
- Type RE4BETAoptin105 (case-sensitive) in the ‘Enter beta access code’ field and then click CHECK CODE.
- Now, select “beta-public – 1.0.5” from the pull-down menu and click CLOSE.
- Wait for the Steam client to finish downloading the patch.
- Launch Resident Evil 4 / Biohazard 4 and verify that 1.0.5 is visible on the bottom right section of the ‘Press any key’ title screen.
Here is the complete changelog of Resident Evil 4 Beta Patch V.1.0.5:
Fixes & Tweaks:
- Specular highlight and bump mapping effect that was missing on the Xbox 360 version is now implemented in the Steam version
- Implemented new stereo/positional audio for in-game sound effects
- Your right hand comes off?
- Fixed handgun aim jumping to the right for Modern K&M setting
- Improved flares and yellow glow for torches, lamps, etc.
- Fixed the spotlight passing through the wall during the jet-ski sequence
- Disabled warm color filter after the “church puzzle”
- Fixed mouse sensitivity during Del Lago charge
- Fixed QTE difficulty for breaking enemies’ grip while using mouse
Added vibrations to machine guns in Separate Ways/Another Order, Assignment Ada and Mercenaries.