Tozai Games has announced that R-Type Dimensions EX will be released on the PC, via Steam, on November 28th. R-Type Dimensions EX includes both acclaimed arcade classics initially published by Irem, R-Type (1987) and R-Type II (1989). Each title can be played in classic mode with the original 2D graphics and retro music, or with hi-res 3D graphics and remastered audio.
Three new features will be introduced in this edition: Full Power-Up Mode, which allows players to power their ships to maximum weapon in Infinite Mode; Fast Forward, the ability to speed up the game in any mode; and crystal-clear 1080p resolution. The Switch version will also feature in-game achievements.
Additional features of R-Type Dimensions include:
- Two complete games – Includes all eight original R-Type levels and all six original R-Type II levels
- Multiple gameplay options – Switch between hi-res 2D/3D graphics with revamped music, or play the classic versions with the push of a button
- Infinite Mode and Level Select – Learn the levels inside and out for the perfect 1CC runs
- Co-Op Mode – Two players can play together “couch co-op” style or add collision for competitive play
- Slow-motion play function – Weave through bullets and enemies with ease
- Custom controller configuration – Change the button layout to match your play style
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”