PUBG Corporation has released its latest update to PC live servers for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. Update 4.3 brings a new method of tracking progression to players in the form of Survival Mastery, which rewards players for their survival skills in each match.
Survival Mastery also introduces the PUBG ID, a new way to show your survival accomplishments when interacting with other players. Players can customise their name plate, emblems, and even their character’s pose.
For players looking to get into the spirit of the season, frighteningly fun Halloween costumes have also hit the Battlegrounds. Costume pieces can be purchased individually or as a set at a spooktacular 33% discount. The not-so-cowardly Leo costume is also available using your hard-earned BP. These costumes are only available for a limited time, so pick them up today!
Also in Update 4.3 is a brand new crate weapon, the double-barrelled, pump-action, DBS shotgun. Holding 14 shells and able to fire off two shots per second, the DBS will be essential in late-game close quarters combat.
You can find the full changelog for PUBG’s latest update below.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Update 4.3 Release Notes
New Weapon: DBS
- The DBS is a double barrel pump-action bullpup shotgun that can only be initially obtained from Care Packages.
- DBS has two internal magazine tubes that allow the user to load up to fourteen 12-gauge rounds.
- Thanks to those combined firing mechanics, DBS can produce massive bursts of damage in a short time span.
- Upper rail of the gun allows a Holographic, Red Dot Sight, and 2x to 6x Scopes.
- Maximum effective range to deal damage with the DBS is 100 m.
- Improved shotgun consistency
- Hit probability increased, especially in medium shotgun range
- Damage drop-off over distance increased
- Minimum per pellet damage within effective range of each shotgun increased to 4
- Except the Sawed-Off, which is 3
- All shotguns fire 9 pellets total per round
- Adjusted shotgun balance
- All shotgun pellets now use more realistic ballistic curves (speed decrease over time)
- All shotguns had their recoil effects updated
- Damage multiplier changes
- Headshot: From 1.5 to 1.2
- Torso: From 1.0 to 0.9
- Maximum effective range set to 80 m
- Increased reload speed by 20%
- Maximum effective range set to 80 m
- Pump action speed increased by 20%
- Pump action will no longer temporarily un-ADS the player
- Maximum effective range set to 80 m
- Maximum increased probability range set to 50 m
- Increased number of pellets fired to 9
- Decreased damage per pellet from 22 to 20
- Duckbill attachment: Pellet spread multiplier increased from 0.8 to 1.0
- Updated weapon impact effects
- Both decals and particle effects are now more directional allowing players to better understand the direction shots are coming from
- Size and characteristics of the effect depend on both the surface being hit and the class of the weapon being fired
- QoL improvement for healing items while walking
- Healing items can now be activated while moving and your player will be reduced to walking speed and continue using the item while you move at walking pace
- Previously, you had to come to a complete stop to start healing
- Canted Sight reticle type can now be adjusted, along with brightness, similar to the Red Dot
- Reduced the volume of the Red Zone
- Footstep sounds volume and attenuation have been re-balanced
- Footstep sounds will be more drastically reduced when players move to the outer limit of footstep audible range
- Different sound effects are played when landing from falling, dependent to the surface material type
- Made improvements to the ledge-grab sound effects
- Added a new song to the Turntable
- The new song will replace the previous song
Survivor Pass: Aftermath
- The current season of both the Survivor Pass and Survivor Title System will end on October 16th KST
- Survivor Pass: Starting October 2nd, two weeks before the end period of Aftermath, there will be an on-screen message, pop-up and countdown on the Survivor Pass banner in the lobby to notify players of the pass end timing
- A pop-up message displayed will be displayed to users purchasing Premium Pass and Level-up items, alerting them of the time left until pass end
- Premium Pass and Level-up items can be purchased until the Pass period ends
- Added background blur effects to make the duo/squad team UI have better readability
- Improved visibility of the fire mode indicator on the HUD to further differentiate firing modes
- Decreased brightness of equipment icons
- Added headphone icon to the UI right of the health HUD to indicate when the Instant Volume Reducer (F7) is enabled
- A system message at the bottom of the screen has also been added when activating/deactivating this function
- Minor performance optimizations that will improve FPS in areas where many players are in close proximity to one another
- Made visual improvements to shadows and enhanced rendering performance
- Deployed change to live servers which mitigates an issue which can cause loot to appear late, mainly after landing from your parachute.
- Dev Note: As this change increases server load, we will closely monitor any potential negative impact this may have to the player experience. Please share feedback on your experience with us through official platforms.
Improved Zombie Mode
The days of slow, weak zombies are over! Custom match Zombie modes are getting the following improvements:
- Zombies now have stronger physical capabilities
- Zombies can run faster, jump higher, and attack much faster
- Increased the running speed by 1.5 times
- Increased the jumping height by 2 times
- Increased the speed of attacks by 1.5 times
- Zombies now have much more health and stronger healing power
- Increased strength by more than 2 times
- Can recover health automatically when they are not engaged in combat
- No fall damage when falling from high locations
- Receive less damage from guns, except for headshots
- Zombies can now drive vehicles
- Zombies can now move around using vehicles instead of simply running on foot
- Moreover, we are developing a virus infection feature, which is one of the core elements of PUBG Zombie (PUBZ) content. Internal tests are ongoing for various features to make the zombie mode matches more diverse and exciting. We look forward to your feedback on the improved zombie mode
PUBG Partner Icon
- In Custom Matches, an icon will be displayed in front PUBG Partner’s nicknames. This icon will only be shown in the match information section and waiting room
Implemented a system to prioritize matching players who speak the same language together in Squad mode
- Due to this change, it may be more likely to occasionally be placed on a team of only 2 or 3 players when playing Squads.
Dev Note: We’re making this change in response to player feedback and frustration to being placed in a Squad with players who speak a different language, making it difficult to communicate properly. For many players, this change will not be noticeable, but in regions such as Europe, with multiple countries in close proximity speaking many different languages, we expect ease of communication to be noticeably improved. As the goal of this change is to improve your gameplay experience, please share your feedback and let us know your thoughts. We will actively monitor player feedback and make additional changes if required.
Skins & Items
The following items are now available in the store:
- Halloween themed items
- Sales Period: 9/25 ~ 11/13
- 12 new Twitch Broadcast Royale items
- Sales Period: 9/25 ~ 10/15
- 3 Pan skins and 1 set celebrating the PUBG Classic
- Sales Period: 10/2 ~ 10/23
- New BP purchasable items
- Beryl & S12K BattleStat skins
- 2 Madsy shoes
- New BattleStat skin
- SCAR-L BattleStat skin
- Reduced the probability of receiving a locked crate from the random crate purchase by 50%
- The replay system has been updated. Replay files from previous updates are now unavailable for use
- Fixed an issue where character footsteps cannot be heard when walking backwards against corners of objects.
- Fixed an issue where the smoke UI timer doesn’t sync correctly when the replay is skipped in replay mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Flare Gun firing animation is obscured when in the prone position.
- Fixed an issue where grenade damage in rare situations could be received through objects.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect kill distance was shown when a disconnected player is killed.
- Fixed an issue where UAZ wheels wouldn’t get destroyed after being punched multiple times.
- Fixed an issue where skull icons are incorrectly displayed on the minimap in Simplified Chinese language version.
- Fixed an issue which caused an excessively bright light effect in the side mirror of motorcycles.
- Fixed an issue where players could not be damaged by other players punching them inside vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where parachutes were not displayed in training mode with a fully equipped bag.
- Fixed an issue where players are forcibly removed from training mode when vaulting over a certain wall.
- Fixed an issue where zombie players occasionally appear to be human in zombie mode.
- Fixed an issue where the lung capacity icon does wouldn’t display correctly when holding breath while swimming
- Fixed an issue which prevented footstep sounds from playing in specific situations when running through certain puddles