Bluehole Studio has announced that a FOV slider will be coming to PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds in the next monthly update. Furthermore, Bluehole has been experimenting with a first-person mode, which will also be coming in its next monthly update.
How freaking hyped are we for 1st person. Seem like its gonna be implemented with this monthly patch =D pic.twitter.com/wBxcBxhVjj
— Posty (@PostyOfficial) July 10, 2017
However, this first-person mode may get slightly delayed. According to Brendan Greene, the game’s dedicated first-person servers require a lot of work at this point.
“Dedicated first-person servers will take some time as it requires a lot of work from all teams, [it’s] not as easy as just flipping a switch. Our game, platform, engineering, and gameplay teams all need to do work to make it happen, and they are all quite busy with optimisation work at the moment!”
In case you are confused, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds will offer dedicated servers in which players will be gaming in first-person mode. This basically means that you won’t be able to switch between third-person and first-person modes on the fly. Or at least this is what is being suggested here.
Bluehole has also released the latest weekly update for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds that improves UI performance, fixes inventory display issue on 4:3 resolution, and optimizes Care Package airplane.
- Optimized Care Package airplane.
- Improved UI performance.
- Fixed an issue where the starting airplane became immobile in sky at the very start of a round.
- Fixed inventory display issue on 4:3 resolution.
- You can always spectate your teammate’s screen in colour now.
- You can no longer fire weapons in a vehicle from underwater.
- Fixed an issue when you could not pick up mags from some areas of the lobby (starting island).
- You no longer have to press the F key to pass through doors destroyed by grenades or Red Zone bombs.
- Fixed an issue whereby if you got knocked out while zooming in with a scope, you won’t be zooming in when revived.
- Fixed an issue when grenades were not available to throw periodically.
- Fixed an issue of armed weapon not getting displayed on HUD UI, when switching weapons with number keys while having inventory open.