Frontier Developments has released the first update for its coaster park simulation game, Planet Coaster. According to the release notes, this update comes with various crash fixes/stability improvements, as well as a number of optimizations.
This patch also reduces CPU/GPU usage when the game is minimized, improves performance when editing terrain around water bodies, fixes the black artefacts on HD4000 machines that have been reported, and fixes some mouse issues on Windows 10 Insider.
This patch will be auto-downloaded from Steam, and you can read its complete changelog below.
Planet Coaster – Update 1.01 Changelog:
- New shops/facilities blueprints for all 5 themes
- New scenery blueprints for all 5 themes
- New coaster blueprints
Added a “harder” challenge mode
Crash fixes/stability improvements
- Loading an old park will not reset your custom music
- Fix black artefacts on HD4000 machines
- Fix mouse issues on Windows 10 Insider
- Fix heatmaps when a train falls off the track
- Fix Priority Pass attendant animation issue
- Reduced CPU/GPU usage when the game is minimized
- Excitement, fear and nausea values now appear on coaster blueprints tooltip
- Tacos icons now appear in Guest Inventories correctly
- Fixed lights on dark ride in “The Creature Awakens”
- Allow guests to stand at different heights on raised queues/paths
- Guests re-equip balloons when leaving rides
- Fix issue where control rebinding’s were not being reapplied if you cancelled out of a change
- Fix harness animation on Canyon Runner
- Star Studded Career achievement fix
- Guests now enter toilets/first aid centrally rather than clipping into the building
- Guests with nothing to do leave the park rather than idling on the spot
- Improved performance when editing terrain around water bodies
- Coaster auto-avoid now ignores terrain when auto-tunnelling is selected
- Clicking a notification will now rotate the camera to focus on the affected facility/exit/entrance
- Height markers now appear when building downhill more often
- Community translations now support overriding the games font, allowing support for East Asian languages where characters were previously not included.
- Escape now exits the main menu