Appeal Studio has released the second patch for Outcast: Second Contact. This new patch brings fixes to NPC pathfinding and general performance improvements. Moreover, it fixes several memory leaks and various crashes.
Going into more details, this patch adds support for multiple auto-saved slots. It also adds an option to disable dodge rolls, an option to disable Talan word definitions and a help screen displaying control mapping.
Furthermore, it fixes numerous gameplay issues. For example, it an issue where Egar was stuck in water and an issue where Zine would not go to the crusher.
As always, Steam will auto-download this patch the next time you launch its client. Below you can find its complete changelog.
Outcast: Second Contact Patch 2 Release Notes:
- Fixed multiple crashes while shooting or travelling through Daokas.
- Fixed several memory leaks possibly impacting stability and performance.
- Fixed various pathfinding issues and stuck characters.
- Fixed an issue where Naarn would be missing (also fixed in existing saved games).
- Fixed an issue where Illot would refuse to talk after being healed and where Shamaaz became stuck trying to heal Illot (also fixed in existing saved games).
- Fixed an issue where Sadar would not propose to go back to Oru’s Island as intended.
- Fixed a pathfinding issue which would cause Zoran to become stuck.
- Fixed an issue where Zine would not go to the crusher.
- Fixed an issue where Zidar’s friend would not talk when intended.
- Fixed an issue with Shadi, whom would not play the tune or give back the map as intended.
- Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause Kuryan to be missing.
- Fixed an issue where Egar was stuck in water.
- Fixed an issue where Zidar’s boat would not return to the dock as intended.
- Players can now return to Zorkatraz.
- Added support for multiple auto-saved slots (when slots are available).
- Added F-Link telepod visualization in full screen map.
- Added an option to disable Talan word definitions.
- Added an option to disable dodge rolls.
- Added a help screen displaying control mapping.