NVIDIA has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 399.07 WHQL driver provides the optimal gaming experience for Battlefield V Open Beta, F1 2018, Immortal: Unchained, Pro Evolution Soccer 2019, Strange Brigade, and Switchblade.
Going into more details, this new driver adds/updates the SLI profiles for F1 2018 and Immortal: Unchained, and improves the 3D compatibility mode for Monster Hunter World. This driver also addresses a blur issue when TAA was set at 100% in Rainbow Six Siege, some missing textures when using Vulkan API in DOOM on Geforce 600/700 series Kepler GPUs and resolves the stuttering and performance issues that could occur for some game configurations in Call of Duty Black Ops 4.
Those interested can download the driver from here, and you can find its complete changelog below.
NVIDIA GeForce 399.07 WHQL Driver Release Notes
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Battlefield V Open Beta, F1 2018, Immortal: Unchained, Pro Evolution Soccer 2019, Strange Brigade, and Switchblade.
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- F1 2018
- Immortal: Unchained
3D Vision Profiles
Added or updated the following 3D Vision profiles:
- F1 2018 – Good
- Strange Brigade – Not recommended
3D Compatibility Mode Profiles
These games must be run in DirectX 10/11 mode to see improvements and are not compatible with 3D Vision Surround mode.
Added or updated the following compatibility mode profiles:
- Monster Hunter World – Excellent
Software Module Versions
- nView – 149.21
- HD Audio Driver – 126.96.36.199
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.17.0524
- GeForce Experience – 188.8.131.52
- CUDA – 9.2
- [Rainbow Six Siege]: TAA at 100% causes screen to be blurry when not moving in after driver update. 
- [Notebook][MSHybrid]: Fixed diagonal tearing by using win7-blit model. 
- [GeForce GTX 1050/1070]: OpenGL driver does not release the rendering context correctly. 
- [Oculus]: Blue-screen crash occurs when using Oculus VR software. 
- [Geforce 600/700 series Kepler GPUs][Doom (2016)]: Missing textures when using Vulkan API. 
- [LA Noire VR]: Stability issues occur when running LA Noire VR. 
- [Call of Duty Black Ops 4]: Stuttering and performance issues occur for some game configurations. 
- [G-SYNC]: Windowed G-Sync mode may stutter after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring Creators Update. 
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”