NVIDIA has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 388.71 WHQL driver is optimized for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds that leaves Early Access and fully releases in a few hours.
The NVIDIA GeForce 388.71 WHQL driver also adds support for CUDA 9.1 and an SLI profile for Warframe. Moreover, it adds 3D profiles for ELEX (Good) and Black Desert (Fair).
This driver also addresses some flickering issues that could occur when playing videos in full-screen mode on YouTube. It also fixes some lines that could appear across the screen momentarily while booting into Windows.
Those interested can download this new driver from here. You can also read the complete changelog for this new driver below.
NVIDIA GeForce 388.71 WHQL Driver Release Notes:
Provides the optimal gaming experience for PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS.
- Added support for CUDA 9.1
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
3D Vision Profiles
Added or updated the following 3D Vision profiles:
- Black Desert – Fair
- ELEX – Good
- Forza Motorsport 7 – Not recommended
- JX3 Online – Fair
- PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUND – Not recommended
Software Module Versions
- nView – 148.92
- HD Audio Driver – 126.96.36.199
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.17.0524
- GeForce Experience – 188.8.131.52
- CUDA – 9.1
- [YouTube]: Flickering may occur when playing videos in full-screen mode. 
- [YouTube][Notebook]: Artifacts may appear when pausing video playback. 
- Lines appear across the screen momentarily while booting into Windows. [200339233/1953061]
- [NVIDIA TITAN V]: TDR error occurs and the display goes blank while playing a Bluray disc at high resolutions. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080][Notebook]: The driver may not recognize or install the GPU.