Interwave Studios have released a new update for their FPS/RTS hybrid, Nuclear Dawn. This update comes with various improvements, balance and sever changes, further enhancements to the game’s mechanics, as well as fixes to various issues. The update will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can view its complete changelog after the jump.
Nuclear Dawn Update 6.1 Changelog:
– Added support for setting clan/group association (options>other>clantag).
– Added new clan-based achievements: Ants, Locusts, Legion, Playground Bullies, Strength In Numbers, and Traitor.
– Added ability to teleport between your team’s transport gates (use the USE key, default E on a gate).
– Added ability for commander to manually power down most structures to free up power for others.
– “Enemy spotted” radio command now does short, red minimap blip on any enemies near pointing direction.
– Squad preference is now remembered across team and map changes.
– Join button on squads now becomes “Leave” for squad you are currently in.
– Touched up scoreboard to allow showing longer names and clan tags, as well as making commander more visible.
– Added scoring for ammo given via pack and hypospraying teammates.
– Enabled joystick/gamepad options in Mouse options (FPS only!).
– Made “No artillery in range” message more visible.
– Added new “Other” options tab to expose more configuration options (including game hints, steam cloud, server download filter, and more).
– Removed spectate tab from server browser until full Source TV support is available.
– Hypospray from supply station is now rate-limited similarly to grenades.
– Lowered ammo pack max carry to 2.
– Now only one ammo pack per player can be deployed at once, similar to med packs.
– Ammo packs from supply station are now rate-limited at a slightly less frequent rate than grenades.
– Renamed oilfield_beta to oilfield
– Added new overview map and loading screen
– Added 4 extra tertiary points
– Fixed plants sticking through container near ct base
– Fixed floating fueltruck and container
– Fixed small ladder issue on one of the fueltrucks
– Fixed small displacement issues
– Fixed and improved a wide range of prop collisions.
– Fixed right-click no longer working to cancel building of a structure.
– Fixed a case where the health hud indicator would get stuck at the top of the screen.
– Fixed client crash when connecting to a server with a misconfigured download url.
– Fixed explosive grenade types not counting toward Plenty To Go Around achievement.
– Fixed a rare case where players could spawn without weapons.
– Fixed issues with some weapons not tracking properly for Headshot achievement and added progress indiciator.
– Fixed in-bunker commander kills counting toward Golden Targets achievement.
– Fixed commander chat history being cut off by a character for full-width text.
– Server browser no longer adds tags for secure/insecure (use existing, separate filter for these).
– Added option to have teams swapped at round end (mp_roundend_teamswap).
– Added option to force players to auto-assign selves to teams (mp_force_autoassign, will tag server with forceautoassign).
– Improved and fixed portions of team balance logic.