Microids has announced that its arcade-style motorbike racing game, Moto Racer 4, is planned for an October 13th release on the PC. Moto Racer 4 is developed by Microids and Artefacts Studio, under the supervision of itsoriginal designer, Paul Cuisset, and is powered by Epic’s Unreal Engine 4.
The game will include no less than 15 single and multiplayer game modes. In addition to regular fixtures such as the Time Trial, Single Race and Championship.
Here are a few examples of what to expect:
- KING OF THE HILL: Each rider starts with the same time on the clock. While time runs down for the leader, the other racers get extra turbo. The first player to get their counter down to zero wins the race.
- LAST MAN STANDING: The last player to pass each checkpoint is eliminated.
- SURVIVAL: The race starts with very little time on the clock. Players gain time by passing the checkpoints. In single-player mode, the aim is to survive for a specific length of time. In multi-player mode, the winner is the last player with time left on their clock.
- CATCH-UP: The player’s opponents begin the race with a headstart and the player must be in first place at a specific time.
- WOLF PACK: The player begins the race with a headstart and must maintain it for a certain length of time without being overtaken.
- GHOST BIKE: The player starts the race in last place and is not allowed to deviate from the road or collide with others. S/he must finish in a specified minimum place.
- GOLDEN HELMET: Competitors must earn the one golden helmet up for grabs during the race. To do this, they must be first past the initial checkpoint. If the player wearing the golden helmet is knocked by another player, s/he surrenders it to that player. If a player falls off their bike, s/he loses the helmet and it is automatically sent to the next checkpoint.
And here are the main features of Moto Racer 4 that have already been revealed:
- Alternating high-speed/motocross races
- Traffic on the road
- Split-screen multi-player mode
- Online multi-player mode (2-10 players)
- 60 images per second
- Vehicle and rider customization
- Possibility of colliding with opponents
- Each competitor has a different personality and behavioural traits
In order to celebrate this announcement, Microids has released three new screenshots for Moto Racer 4 that can be viewed below.