MISERY Development Team’s Nicolai Aaroe has informed us about the launch of a Kickstarter campaign for The Seed; a Single-player 2D interactive novel that is deeply rooted in psychology. According to its description, The Seed is a modern approach to the classic genre of “Choose Your Own Adventure” gamebooks. In other words, it’s a graphic, interactive novel where the choices you make have consequences for the plot branching and shape the world around you.
As the team said:
“Playing our game you’ll first and foremost have the impression that you’re reading an engrossing book, with lifelike characters, plausible story, complex lore and all other characteristics that define a solid reading experience. However, there will be a multitude of factors influencing your sensory perception like background ambience and dynamic illustrations. Moreover, every chapter will feature a unique concept artwork and you will also have a map and access to your inventory. The story will present you with moral dilemmas which you’ll be required to resolve based on your gear, social standing, health, location and survival situation. All in all, it’s a new dimension of reading and a new type of book.”
Here are the game’s key features:
• CAPTIVATING FICTION: an intricate plot with more than 50 possible endings
• DYNAMIC ARTWORK: dozens of location sceneries with dynamic graphic effects
• DYNAMIC SOUNDSCAPE: corresponding to the scenery and weather condition
• MORAL BRANCHING: the Construct 2 engine will track and analyze your decisions
• PSYCHOLOGY: HEXACO-based personality reflection and design
• HIGH REPLAYABILITY: diverse plot branching
• STORY RELATED INVENTORY: special items with plot significance
• CRAFTING: you will be able to craft some items based on what you find in the game
• IMMERSIVE SURVIVAL: high attention to survival detail and player awareness
• iPad TOUCH SCREEN: full iPad 2 or newer touch screen compability
MISERY Development Team aims to raise £15K in the next 26 days and those interested can back this project up by visiting its Kickstarter page.