Nixxes Software and Square Enix have released the first PC patch for Hitman: Absolution. According to its release notes, this patch enables DX10 owners to use the simplest version of the Depth Of Field effect, fixes various startup issues, and addresses all problems with the Sniper Challenge Unlocks not carrying over into Hitman: Absolution. This patch will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can view its complete changelog below.
Hitman: Absolution PC Update Changelog:
– Players using the Russian language will no longer crash as soon as they use the sniper rifle.
– Various issues that have been seen on specific configurations that caused the game to not be able to start up at all have been addressed.
– Problems with the Sniper Challenge Unlocks not carrying over into Hitman: Absolution have been addressed. On first starting the patched game you will receive your unlocks.
o Note that North American users that have been provided the Sniper Challenge by Gamestop will need a separate unlock key in addition to this. Gamestop can provide these.
– Problems with negative level-scores have been fixed. Newly accomplished positive scores will be needed to erase your incorrectly remembered negative scores.
– A problem with keyboard and mouse controls where users would accidentally melee attack a person next to them when they intended to throw an item has been addressed.
– Legal and Intro movies can now be skipped immediately on startup after the game, on all launches but the very first on a machine.
– DirectX 10 hardware can now enable the simplest version of the Depth Of Field effect.
– Problems with audio occasionally being muted after ALT-TAB have been fixed.
– Various localization fixes.
– Miscellaneous other stability and general improvements based on crashes we have seen coming in.