It appears that Rockstar recently held a behind closed doors presentation of GTA V. As NeoGAF’s member ‘The Shogun’ claimed, Rockstar showed a 45-minute demo to GameStop managers in Anehiem. Thankfully, ‘The Shogun’ has managed to share some new details about this remastered version of GTA V, though we strongly suggest taking everything you’re about to read with a grain of salt.
As The Shogun claimed, Rockstar showed the PS4 version of GTA V that was most probably running at 1080p. The game’s draw distance has been tweaked, and its water rendering system has been completely redone. In addition, all animals now have new textures and foliage has been completely reworked.
Here is the complete list of the new information shared by The Shogun:
1. I saw this at the GameStop managers conference in Anehiem. Rockstar gave a 45 minute closed doors presentation.
2. They showed us multiple locals. The city, underwater areas, country side etc.
3. Foliage has been completely reworked. Tree barks been redone, individual grass blades, wild flowers etc. This applies to underwater areas as well. Completely reworked coral reefs and underwater plants.
4. Draw distance now is INSANE. One example they showed us was the main city at night. They showed it on PS3 first amd showed us how all lighting at a distance was pre baked. In the remaster its all pre loaded in real time and is dynamic. You can see lights and traffic flow from massive distances.
5. Water rendering system has been completely redone. Rivers / Ocean / rain are gorgeous
6. No release date given. They simply said soon.
7. Animal texture work has been 100 % re done.
8. Anti Aliasing looked great with little to no jaggies. Looked 1080p to me. It was demoed on PS4.
9. Promised “new” content. One example was new songs / soundtrack / radio stations.
10. Best remaster Ive seen by far. I literally gasped at the differences.
Enjoy and stay tuned for more!