The Coalition has released the third PC update for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. This third patch adds support for ultra-wide resolutions, adds an FPS counter, and features pipeline state object cache optimizations to reduce hitches during level transitions. This update will be auto-downloaded from the Windows 10 store, and you can read the complete changelog below.
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition – Third PC Update Changelog:
- Ultra-wide resolutions (2560×1080 and 3440×1440) added to the game.
- Pipeline state object cache optimizations to reduce hitches during level transitions.
- Fixed a bug that could cause full Unreal garbage collect unnecessarily, leading to minor visual hitches.
- Fixed a visual corruption bug that would rarely affect NVIDIA cards when changing resolutions and VRAM became over committed.
- Added support for setting anisotropic filtering level through the INI file.
- Fixed lack of mouse input when using lowest mouse sensitivity and fully zoomed in with sniper rifle and moving the mouse very small amounts.
- Adjustments to low (1GB VRAM) texture setting.
- Added ability to toggle an FPS counter. Press the “Delete” key at any time to turn the counter on/off.