The Coalition has released a new update for Gears of War 4. According to the release notes, this patch brings two brand new maps (Raven Down and Windflare), packs miscellaneous fixes and improvements, and improves the Lightning Weapon Skin set animation.
The new maps are available to play to all Season Pass holders in the Developer Playlist, complete with Double XP and 20% Bonus Credits. Raven Down and Reclaimed Windflare will be free for all players in Public Matchmaking beginning July 12th.
Furthermore, this patch adds 21 new Country Emblems, improves Oscar’s dialogue tuning to match improvements for other characters in the Rise of the Horde update, fixes an exploit allowing players to keep weapons after a change in Arms Race, as well as an bug that reduced damage when players were shooting at point-blank range in cover.
This patch will be auto-downloaded from the Win10 store, and you can find its complete changelog below.
Gears of War 4 – July Update Release Notes:
- Players shot at point-blank range in cover will no longer receive reduced damage
- Players can no longer survive under the avalanche on Avalanche
- Players can no longer capture the rings in KOTH on Avalanche from below the balconies
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to keep weapons after a change in Arms Race
- Fixed an issue where players could leave a Ranked Lobby just as they join one without being aware, resulting in a suspension
- Updated Palace Guard dialogue to match their intended voice
- Improved Oscar’s dialogue tuning to match improvements for other characters in the Rise of the Horde update
- Horde: Reduced effectiveness of spawn manipulation on Security
- Horde: The Sniper’s ‘Called Shot’ mark ability now works when using a turret
- Horde: A Scout using Cloak will not break Cloak by roadie running in cover
- Horde: Enemies killed by Explosive Headshots will no longer reset the Magic Bullet Multiplier
- Improvements to the Lightning Weapon Skin set animation
- Fixed display issues with YJeter’s Lancer Skin
- Added 21 new Country Emblems (available in Gear Packs and Craftable)
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements