The Coalition has released a new update for Gears 5. According to the release notes, title update 2 brings improvements to the Boomshot and Flashbangs. It also fixes a number of bugs and issues that the players have reported.
Going into more details, this patch resolves an issue causing the Gnasher to have bullet magnetism while ADS when Aim Assist is disabled. It also brings a full fix for the drop weapon exploit, including re-enabling weapon drops. Moreover, it fixes a bug that could cause players to be perma-flashed in a match.
As said, this update brings improvements to both Boomshot and Flashbangs. For instance, it improves the consistency of the Boomshot with changes to the behavior of the secondary ‘bomblets’. It also tweaks flashbangs so they can no longer affect players through cover.
Steam and the Microsoft Store will download this patch the next time you launch their clients. You can also find below its complete changelog.
Gears 5 Title Update 2 Release Notes
- Improved the consistency of the Boomshot with changes to the behavior of the secondary ‘bomblets’
- Flashbangs will no longer affect players through cover
- Full fix for the drop weapon exploit, including re-enabling weapon drops
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to be perma-flashed in a match
- Fixed a bug that could cause Enemies in Escape to sometimes be unaffected by Flashes
- Fixed a bug causing the Weapon’s Locker to eat weapons in certain circumstances
- Added a new check to prevent players using certain low covers to shoot through walls, ignoring muzzle block
- Resolved an issue causing the Gnasher to have bullet magnetism while ADS when Aim Assist is disabled
- If no users vote for a map in Quickplay, the next choice will now default to a different map on the same mode rather than the same map
- Fixed a bug that caused players to have to wait a couple of seconds before being able to reload when Hijacking a Boomshot Scion
- Power granted at the start of the Horde match is no longer applied as Power Gained in Tour
- Sarah Connor: Enemies can now be gibbed when in one-shot range using her Ultimate
- Fixed an issue that could cause enemy AI to teleport and ‘double vault’ if their vault is countered
- Fixed an issue that could cause Scions to have a fully black model after being killed in Escape
- Players can no longer share Power with AI teammates
- Total Enemies Killed stat for Campaign now tracks correctly
- Escape Leaderboards no longer show ‘Top 0%’
- Resolved a state where audio could be lost in Act 4 in 3 player co-op
- Additional miscellaneous bug fixes