Frozenbyte confirmed today May 17th as the release date for its upcoming stealth-action game, Shadwen. The launch price of the game will vary slightly based on platforms and stores and their pricing policies. On PC it will be $14.55 / 14.55 € or less, and the regular price once the launch discount is over will be $16.99 / 16.99 € across all platforms and stores.
Shadwen is a stealth-action game where the only rule is to remain unseen. As the press release reads, Shadwen, an assassin on a quest to kill the king, has a chance encounter with an orphaned girl, Lily. Lily follows Shadwen on her dangerous journey, but when the ruthless guards get too close, Shadwen must take action right in front of Lily’s eyes. And so the journey begins.
Here are the key features of Shadwen:
- MOVE FREELY – Sneak and explore around the dark and gritty medieval province and use the environment to your advantage – use your rope to grapple onto rooftops, silently drop from ceilings, or veil yourself in the shadows.
- STAY HIDDEN – Pick your assassinations carefully. Avoid being seen, heard or getting caught indirectly. Suspicious sights and noises will alert the guards – use it to your benefit!
- TIME IS AN ACCOMPLICE – Time stands still when you are not moving Shadwen, allowing you to stop at any point mid-motion. Rewind time to manipulate your past and present actions!
- USE PHYSICS – Use physics and a freely attachable rope to drag and topple objects. Make deaths look accidental; let gravity do the grave work.
- CREATE TRAPS AND HAZARDS – Set up traps and hazards to lure guards towards their untimely demise; discover new ways to eliminate or distract your foes by crafting items into deadly surprises, including poison traps, spike devices, decoy toys and more.
- TWO CHARACTERS – Embrace the darkness with Shadwen and her abilities to protect Lily and create a safe passage for her.