AMD has released a new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, this driver is optimized for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and offers up to 27% better performance versus Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 on AMD Radeon R9 Fury X.
Those interested can download this new driver from here.
And here are the highlights for the Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.1:
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex
- Performance increased up to 27% versus Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 on AMD Radeon R9 Fury X(1)
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved “In Game Overlay”.
- HDMI Scaling options may not be available in Radeon Settings on some system configurations or some applications may ignore the HDMI Scaling options setting.
- The option to enable/disable AMD Crossfire technology logo may be missing on some system configurations from the Gaming, Global Options tab in Radeon Settings.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt inventory and character pages may exhibit flickering in AMD Crossfire technology mode.
- Radeon Settings game manager does not display icons for Origin Games.
(1) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of April 3, 2016 on the AMD Radeon Fury X, on a test system comprising Intel i7 5960X CPU, 16GB DDR4-2666 Mhz system memory, Radeon Software Crimson Edition driver 16.4.2 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition driver 16.5.1 and Windows 10 x64 using the game Forza Motorsport 6: Apex. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. At 3840×2160, Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 scored 47.58 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.1 scored 60.69 on AMD Radeon R9 Fury X, which is 27.5% faster performance. Test results are not average and may vary.