Epic Games has released a brand new patch for Fortnite. According to the release notes, the Fortnite patch 2.4.1 adds a MiniGun, Cozy Campires at which players can heal themselves, a 3D resolution slider, and makes some adjustments to the Suppressed Pistol.
Furthermore, this patch fixes client hitching which could occur when the Chug Jug was found in game, makes engine performance improvements to how we process collision overlap events, and reduces network bandwidth usage when players are walking, and when they are standing still.
It’s also worth noting that this new update adds spectator count UI to the HUD, optimizes the colored rarity effect on weapons and items to improve overall performance, and adds a “Controller Auto Run” option.
This patch will be auto-downloaded, and you can read its complete changelog below.
Fortnite Patch 2.4.1 Release Notes:
- Fixed an issue that was causing resolution problems
- In-game UI was appearing stretched
- Fixed an issue where some users would get unnecessarily long queue times while logging into the game.
- Fixed an issue where some users would have to wait in line additional time after their queue timer completed.
- Found in Chests and Supply drops
- Fires almost as quickly as SMG
- Uses Light ammo
- Suppressed Pistol
- Reduced drop chances of Epic variant by 20%.
- Reduced drop chances of Legendary variant by 33%.
- Added “Controller Auto Run” option.
- This enables/disables the auto run feature on controllers.
- Auto run, which was introduced in v2.3.0, is enabled by double clicking the left thumb stick on controllers.
- Fixed a few landscape areas that were barely below floor height before.
- This sometimes caused the majority of a structure to appear underground.
- Players can now shoot through the Soccer goal.
- Added “3D Resolution” slider to Video options on PC and Mac.
- This new preference allows you to set the resolution of the 3D world, without affecting the user interface.
- The range goes between 640×360 and your selected Display Resolution. Using a lower 3D Resolution may greatly improve frame rate.
- When selecting an overall Quality option, an appropriate 3D Resolution will be chosen automatically.
- Fixed a client crash that would get triggered by an audio cue.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from unmuting other players in the lobby screen.
- Fixed an issue causing an incorrect character model to display on the lobby screen.
- Fixed an issue causing entire walls to highlight when looking at a door.
- Fixed client hitching which could occur when the Chug Jug was found in game.
- Made engine performance improvements to how we process collision overlap events.
- Reduced network bandwidth usage when players are walking, and when they are standing still
Added spectator count UI to the HUD. This appears in game as a small eye in the lower left corner when there are active spectators. Better off not knowing? There is also an option to disable the feature under game options labeled “Show Spectator Count”.
- Removed an unnecessary button prompt on the left side of the news widget.
- Added a border highlight around item shop tiles when selecting them on consoles.
- Fixed an issue allowing the old trap picker radial menu to open. This radial menu is no longer used for selecting traps.
- Fixed an issue causing weapon icons to not display properly on the hotbar in some cases.
- Fixed a few spots on the map and minimap that were rendered as black spots.
- Fixed the floor under the hero not showing up when previewing emotes in the locker or item shop
- Fixed emotes being offset if they were viewed in succession.
- Optimized the colored rarity effect on weapons and items to improve overall performance.
- Colors may look slightly different.
- Corrected the drinking speed animation for the 15-second Chug Jug item.
- Improved spatialization of loot chest audio by increasing the audio volume if you’re aiming at them.
- Removed the static audio from living room televisions.
- Fixed a directional audio issue when another player switches to a shotgun.
- Removed footstep audio from dance emotes.
- Fixed the missing collision on a window asset in Tilted Towers.
- Fixed the landscape appearing jagged at medium-range distances.
- Fixed flickering artifacts that are sometimes seen on the rivers while riding the Battle Bus.
- Fixed an issue causing two items to spawn in the same location near Lonely Lodge.
- Fixed some seams in the terrain south of Anarchy Acres.
- Disabled the collision on the vines in Moisty Mire.
- Incorrect building piece can be highlighted when quickly entering build mode and swapping building pieces
- Mac clients are unable to see sniper or scoped AR scope reticle
- Using Cozy Campfire in the pre-game lobby appears to give full shields above player health bar after exiting bus
- In-game team player names aren’t appearing while spectating