Electronic Arts, Criterion Games and DICE have revealed the first official details about Battlefield 5’s upcoming battle royale mode, Firestorm. Firestorm promises to elevate battle royale by bringing in the best of what Battlefield is known for as it will mix a shrinking playing field with trademark Battlefield elements such as team play, powerful vehicles, and destruction.
Here are the key features of Firestorm:
- Wage war in a ring of fire that slowly shrinks the battlefield – don’t get trapped
- Fight to be the last infantry squad standing of 64 players in 16 squads
- The game-changing addition of Battlefield vehicles lets you wipe out unsuspecting squads with a tank or drive to survive with transport vehicles
- Work together as a squad to secure objectives that grant better and rare gear
- Clash on the biggest Battlefield map to date
- Transform the map with Destruction
- Feel battle royale brought to life with stunning Battlefield graphics and audio
- Matches are tied to your Company and Battlefield V progression
Firestorm will feature 16 squads of up to four players and will have several types of Objectives. These will operate similar to those found in the iconic Conquest mode, except some will be found at fixed locations and some at random, with varying types of supplies, weapons, and vehicles.
Last but not least, Firestorm will feature the largest map to date in a Battlefield game!