Spiders has released the first major update for Greedfall. According to the release notes, this first patch rectifies camera bobbing, giving players more control over the camera. Moreover, it improves some aggro areas and brings a number of quest fixes.
Going into more details, this patch fixes The quest « The Prince’s Secret », so it can correctly unlock. Vasco’s first personal quest now works properly, The Seeds will unlock the sanctuary during the main quest. and the black box can now be properly opened after following Ruben.
Moreover, this patch resolves the keyboard binding issue. As such, most key bindings should be working properly from now on. The patch also fixes a number of crashes that gamers have reported these past few days.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Greedfall Patch 1 Release Notes
- The size of subtitles can now be changed.
- Camera bobbing rectified: players will have more control over the camera.
- Invert X-Axis option added.
- Several quests have been fixed, among them…
- The quest « The Prince’s Secret », unlocks as intended.
- Trials of Water can now be continued as intended (this issue was based on “The Prince’s Secret” not unlocking properly).
- Vasco’s first personal quest now works properly.
- The Seeds will unlock the sanctuary during the main quest.
- The black box can now be properly opened after following Ruben.
- The Chinese, Portuguese, Polish, and Russian localizations have been improved thanks to players’ feedback.
- Both French and English localizations have received several corrections.
- The mage skill “Ranged Shadow Impact” has been modified.
- Some aggro areas have been improved.
- Keyboard binding issue is now debugged: most key bindings should be working properly from now on.
- The trophy ‘Curiosity Cabinet” is now fixed.
- Some crashes have been dealt with.
- A musical fade-out was added in an important death cutscene.
- The camera has been moved to offer a better view of the scene during some quest dialogues.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”