Now here is a nice surprise. Square Enix has just announced that it will release a demo for the PC version of Final Fantasy XV prior to its official launch. This demo will feature the first Chapter and will allow players to fully explore the tutorial and opening quests of the game.
This is really amazing as we’ve already gotten a benchmark tool for this highly anticipated game. Let’s just hope that Square Enix will have fixed the awkward LOD/GameWorks and stuttering issues that plagued the benchmark tool. Final Fantasy XV will support native 4K and 8K resolutions with HDR10 and DOLBY ATMOS along with ongoing mod support and specific NVIDIA features.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition features:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players can also take on a battle with the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fish and recipes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets.
- All current season pass content including: EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES and EPISODE IGNIS.
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations. Through them, players will be able to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and strengthen Regalia Type-D.
The demo will be available on Steam, Origin and Windows Store on February 26th!