Blizzard has released a new patch for Warcraft 3 that adds support for widescreen resolutions, some experimental modes like 24 player support for custom games, as well as a number of Editor improvements.
Going into more details, the Warcraft 3 update 1.29 increases the object limit to 30,000, increases the map size limit to 480×480, increases the tile set limit to 16, increases the array size from 8192 to 32768, and increases the maximum resource limit to 9999999.
In addition, this patch brings a number of balance tweaks to 17 heroes and allows players to create clans. Below you can find the complete changelog for this brand new patch (though you can view the balance tweaks here and all the Editor improvements here). Also, note that this version will be the last one that will support Windows XP.
Warcraft 3 Update 1.29 Release Notes
Specific Changes & Improvements
- Added bookends to the in-game interface
- Added black pillars in menus to prevent stretching
24 Player Support
- Game lobbies revised to support 24 players
- Team colors revised and expanded
- Color selection is an ongoing effort, feel free to leave specific suggestions with color codes
- Clans may now be created
- Mac clients launch on 10.11 and beyond
- Unable to change resolutions in native fullscreen
- PTR only supports English version of the client
- This will be the last version to support Windows XP
- The Mac PTR client requires manually running the launcher to patch