Ubisoft has released a brand new update for Far Cry 5. According to the release notes, patch 1.11 adds an official HD Textures Pack for the PC, brings various Map Editor improvements and fixes, and adds new masks, weapons and vehicles.
Furthermore, patch 1.11 fixes a bug for Voice Chat losing functionality when switching game modes, fixes some bugs for general Lobby Stability when jumping between the various game modes, and fixes a bug regarding a trophy unlock issue for “Hope County Master Angler” in NG+.
As wrote in our PC Performance Analysis, Far Cry 5 featured highly detailed textures so it will be interesting to see whether these new HD textures improve some low-resolution textures that we could spot here and there, or whether they simply increase the amount of GBs that our GPUs are scheduled to handle without improving the overall image quality. After all, we’ve seen numerous official HD Texture packs that do not really bring any noticeable visual improvements to some games.
As always, Steam and UPLAY will download this new patch the next time you launch their clients, and below you can find its complete changelog.
Far Cry 5 Update 1.11 Release Notes
- Added New Masks:
- For Honor: Kensei
- Ghost Recon: Day of the Skull
- Ghost Recon: El Tio
- Watch_Dogs: Wrench
- Rabbids: Robber
- Rabbids: Biker
- Added New Weapons (also available in Far Cry Arcade):
- Flamethrower “Neon Sparkle”
- MBP .50 “Blood & Dragon”
- Added New Vehicles (also available in Far Cry Arcade):
- 1970 Zugspitz XS-2 “Cyber Edition”
- 2014 Adjudicor Mastadon XZT “Surface to Surface”
- 2012 Kimberlite TCZ “Hot Rockets”
2. Stability & Performance
- Bug fix for a freeze related to Outpost Master
- Bug fixes for general Lobby Stability when jumping between the various game modes
- Bug fix for Voice Chat losing functionality when switching game modes
4. Gameplay & UI
- Bug fix regarding a trophy unlock issue for “Hope County Master Angler” in NG+. Now, if requirements are completed, it will trigger the trophy.
5. PC Specific
- New Addition: HD Textures Pack
6. Far Cry Arcade
- Bug fix that would reset Arcade progress when starting NG+. Players who have previously lost their Arcade level due to this reset will get it back with an additional 20% XP.
- Bug fix that allowed NPCs to be spawned in PvP maps
- Modification to Blood Dragon health for better balancing
7. Map Editor
- Adjustment of IGE Assets Costs – please check here for more details
- Bug fix for the Editor settings resetting
- Bug fixes for NPCs spawned with Scripts in IGE
- Bug fix for Camera Controls in IGE
- Bug fixes for IGE Scripting Tools
- Minor bug fixes on IGE assets
- Minor bug fixes for the Icons while in IGE