Now here is a nice surprise. While Valve does not currently have any plans (at least officially) for a new Half-Life title, it did give its approval for the release of a fan sequel to Half-Life: Opposing Force. Which sounds awesome considering this will be the next Half-Life game we’ll be getting, even if it’s made by a single person (Richard Seabrook).
According to its description, Prospekt begins in the Nova Prospekt prison in the Half-Life universe.
“Gordon Freeman is slowly being overrun by soldiers in the prison, however unknown to him, his Vortigaunt allies manage to find some help from a forgotten hero.”
The game is priced at 9,99€ on Steam and comes with a 10% discount until February 11th.
Prospekt will be a standalone game, and will feature updated high resolution textures and lighting, over 20 new particle effects, new AI improvements and 13 new levels featuring fully-scripted puzzles and action sequences.
Here are its key features:
- Substantial, highly-polished and totally new addition to the Half-Life 2 universe, comparable to Half-Life 2: Episode One in length
- Developed by one person, 25 year old Richard Seabrook
- Official Valve approval for Half-Life 2 license and assets
- Standalone PC game built using the Source engine – no requirement for Half-Life 2
- Continues the story of Opposing Force, Gearbox Software’s (Borderlands) update that tells the original Half-Life 2 story from the perspective of the Marines. Gordon
- Freeman is cornered and being overrun by soldiers in the Nova Prospekt prison; the player controls US Marine Adrian Shepherd – the unsung hero – as he’s teleported in by Freeman’s Vortigaunt allies to help fight back.
- 13 new levels featuring fully-scripted puzzles and action sequences, all carefully integrated into the Half-Life 2 story
- Substantial graphical updates over the original game, including but not limited to:
- New Textures
- New Models
- Updated high resolution combine soldier skins with improved normal mapping
- Updated high resolution textures
- Updated lighting
- Higher resolution models
- Increased cube mapping
- Over 20 new particle effects
- Modded HUD
- Modded VGUI
- New player model skin
- Return to Xen
- New voice acting
- New music
- New AI improvements, such as soldiers attempting to undo the player’s actions