Iron Galaxy and Maximum Games announced today a new fast-paced action game, Extinction. In Extinction, players will fight massive ogres and their minions across a sprawling countryside, defending cities and rescuing native villagers torn from their homes.
Moreover, players will be able to use the dynamic skill-based combat system to tactically disarm and dismember enemies before going in for the kill.
Kraig Kujawa, Game Director at Iron Galaxy, said:
“Extinction is absolutely relentless. We’re really happy with the fast, fluid feel of the game and we’re looking forward to showing it behind closed doors at E3.”
Derek Neal, Executive Producer at Maximum Games, added:
“As the protagonist tasked with a huge undertaking – both in fighting enormous ogres and saving humans from disaster – each player’s experience will be varied, as the landscapes and battle situations are never identical.”
Here are the game’s key features:
- Deep Story Campaign. Protect the human population across an abundant story campaign, rescuing as many civilians as possible and taking down brutal opponents.
- Dynamic Side Missions. Complete numerous side missions with various objectives, earning upgrades to aid you in your campaign.
- Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to perform devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat maneuvers to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
- Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment, and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
- Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
- Custom Battles. Create custom battlegrounds with varied objectives, and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
- Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.
In order to celebrate this announcement, Maximum Games released a cinematic trailer for Extinction that can be viewed below. Maximum Games will most probably release a gameplay walkthrough at this year’s E3, so stay tuned for more!