Gearbox announced that Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour is now available. In order to celebrate this announcement, Gearbox released the game’s launch trailer that can be viewed below.
Steve Gibson, head of Gearbox Publishing, said:
“We feel there isn’t a better way to celebrate 20 years of Duke Nukem 3D than to get the original team back together and provide this love letter to Duke fans. With all-new content built on top of what is undeniably one of the most iconic first-person shooters in gaming history, this is the ultimate Duke Nukem experience for both seasoned fans of the title and gamers from a new generation experiencing it for the first time.”
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour features a brand new and bigger-than-ever fifth episode, Alien World Order, in which Nukem travels to eight iconic new locations to gun down alien scum, including Amsterdam, Moscow, Paris, Egypt, San Francisco and more.
In addition to the original game in its full, unabashed glory, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour includes:
- “Hail to the King, Baby!” – Complete, all-new episode containing eight brand new, classically-designed levels created by the original designers of Duke Nukem 3D, Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord” Gray
- “Come Get Some!” – All-new original music composed by Lee Jackson, original author of Duke Nukem’s iconic theme “Grabbag” and sound designer for Duke Nukem 3D, along with new one-liners from the voice of Duke himself, Jon St. John
- “I’ve Got Balls of Steel!” – All-new behind-the-scenes commentary from the original development team, accessible in-game
- “I’m Lookin’ Good!” – Play the game using the original 1996 graphics engine or toggle in real time to play with the original content rendered at improved fidelity and frame rate using Gearbox’s all-new “True3D Rendering” mode
- “Ooh, That’s Gotta Hurt!” – Duke it out online with up to eight players in Dukematch or team up in eight-player online co-op